See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Some people decided to force people to pay to access the beach.

It feels like medieval times are back in Thailand with every small local potentate imposing illegal fees for whatever they please.

Avoid this place.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

The quality of the room was disappointment. The room was really small and condition of the room and shower were bad, although the view from the balcony was great.

In addition, the beach wasnt that clean and sometimes the staff seemed unfriendly. Food was also disapointment, prices were too high and some foods of the menu wasnt available.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank teemua57
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed there 5 nights because we had already payed for the accomodation. We payed 900 bahts per night in "superior" (or whatever they call it) bungalow (not the wooden cheaper one).
At first it looked way better than our last accomodation but we discovered a lot of cockroaches inside the bungalow, not working wifi and RUSTY water. When I call it RUSTY I mean really rusty - look at the picture how it coloured my hair, how it coloured my tshirt when i washed it, also our skin and nails are orange!!! Almost all of our clothes seems demaged from our orange skin.
We politely tried to negotiate with the owner. At first he ignored us (as we werent there) and after long argument he gave us 500 bahts cash refund... but the hairdresser will cost much more of course...
So I recommend you to go somewhere else...

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kateřina B
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

I live in thailand and i can tell you that Freedom beach restaurant is not thai food at all.i took a massaman but it is all but massam. Nothing is cooked and it is just a microwave dish from 7/11.
Moreover price is twice the normal price: 150thb for a fried rice or 50thb for a plain frice. I you want to eat badly and loose you money, please go here.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JulienDjoul
Reviewed 25 September 2016

The location is perfect if you don't want to be infused in the hectic town and the bungalow views are breathtaking.

Unfortunately, the bungalow itself was terrible. I am no 5-star traveler but this "resort" gets a thumb down. There are holes in the bathroom for water to drain directly to the Earth, bed sheets were stained, the walls were filthy and the trim was crumbling. I didn't unpack my bag because nothing felt clean.

The last straw was a SPIDER the size of my hand hiding in the corner of the room, which must have come through a bathroom hole. Luckily a fellow traveler was able to able to help us out, because the front desk was deserted.

Lastily, they overcharged us for our room, couldn't find our reservation and the restaurant food is overpriced and tasteless.

Room tip: Rooms closest to restaurant reach free wi-fi; T20 had a great breeze
Date of stay: August 2016