“Good but it could be better”

Dusit Buncha Resort
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

The resort is located in a very strategic are
We booked a family pool villa which we could see Koh Nang Yuan directly from the room. Both day and night views are simply perfect.

However, some staffs are sort of dull and unskilled. They seem like they don't really understand either Thai or English,I have no idea where they're from. We were struggling with communication with them sometimes. I talked to them in Thailand but they said sorry they couldn't speak Thai. This made me feel so lost and uncomfortable at all.

I requested morning call for 2 rooms but there's only one room we're alarmed.

Drivers and bellboys worked so much hard. I'll like to gave them a big applause.

Highly recommend to those who love diving as there's a private place for guests in house to go snorkeling in front of the hotel! Very superb

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
DusitBunchaKohTao, Manager at Dusit Buncha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Sripat K,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Dusit Buncha Resort.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the view from the room and our snorkeling area. Your appreciation towards our drivers and bellboys will be forwarded to them. However, I would like to apologize about some our staffs who neither speak Thai nor English. They are still in the process of learning. Also, in regards to the wake-up call in the morning, I believe there was sort of miscommunication so we only rang one room.

I look forward to welcome you back to the resort next time. I will ensure that the issues that you experienced before do not happen again.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Best view and really close to good snorkling. I stayed at a cabin on the rocks and it had a private bathroom and a view of Koh Nangyuan. I would definitely stay again. Staff were good and they had good room service food.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank David N
DusitBunchaKohTao, Manager at Dusit Buncha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear David N,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Dusit Buncha Resort.

We are pleased to know that you had a great stay at our resort. Your compliments about our staffs and food will definitely be passed to the team. Really look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

It was nice and peaceful location. Staffs were friendly from reception, restaurant and housekeeping. It was good location I have got stunning ocean view with Koh Nang Yuan in front of my room. There is snorkeling point in the hotel. Two swimming pools, free transportation to town and pier. We ordered food from room service taste was good. Thank you again and I will recommend to our friends and promise I will back again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sujirat Y

Dear Sujirat Y,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Dusit Buncha Resort.

We are pleased to know that you had a great stay at our resort. Your feedback about the friendliness of the staffs and the food will definitely be shared to the team. Should you want to come back next time, please do let me know so I can arrange something special for you.

See you next time!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Despite a extremely nice location in front of Koh Nang Yuan and very kind people at the restaurant, the hotel service quality is really perfectible. Less than 50% of taxi booking done on time. And no one to pickup the luggage at 5:45 am despite confirmation. A pity when you wake up early to go diving. The very sloping sideway to to the villa is also quite dangerous, even is exotic.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Benoit S
DusitBunchaKohTao, Manager at Dusit Buncha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Benoit S,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Dusit Buncha Resort.

I would like to give my sincere apologies for the service shortfalls. Your feedback has been taken into account for future improvement. However, allow me to let you know that we have booked the taxi in time and advised them to be punctual. As this is the peak season of the year, the taxis might come late as there are high demands in the area.

Should you want to further discuss the issues that happened throughout your stay, or if I may be your personal assistance for your next visit, please feel free to reach me at reinaldo.putra@hotmail.com

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Dusit Resort is a very nice resort. Its not for the typical backpacker cause its very expensive. The view in the resort is very beautiful. We had the seaview room and we found last night 2 giant lizards. Dusit give us a new room so that makes everything allright. Conclusion: expensive but if you want to relax its the place to be!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
DusitBunchaKohTao, Manager at Dusit Buncha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Project T,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Dusit Buncha Resort.

We are pleased to know that you had a great stay at our resort. We apologize for the issue about the lizard and we will make sure that this won’t happen again. We really look forward to welcome you again next time!