“I am so happy that i decided to do my open water diving certification in this school”

Ocean Republic Diving
Ranked #3 of 104 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ocean Republic is the only Sea Shepherd dive school on the island. This means that you will be receiving all the necessary info not to harm the marine environment when you dive. We also organize a weekly beach or reef cleanup on Friday morning and you can learn how to restore coral reefs in our Sea Shepherd Dive coral propagation workshop and course. We are right next to Lomprayah pier where you arrive. It is a nice place to drop your backpack after a long trip, have some free coffee, tea, use the wifi and pick the brain of our great crew of people that can give you advice on whatever you need on koh tao (food, motorbike rental, accommodation, snorkeling spots…)
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Super friendly and good vibes Dive School. We really enjoyed the voluntary beach clean up and of course our Open Water certification with the Instructor Max, who makes you feel really comfortable and save while diving. I really recommend this School to everyone who wants to make a diving experience. See you soon guys

scubaddictdotnet, Manager at Ocean Republic Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Good day Paul!

We are proud of our team who we are sure they are among the best instructors in the industry. But we are even more excited to hear that our students can feel the difference.

Thank you for sharing tis experience with us.

All reviews
"my advanced open water"
"dive course"
"small group"

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I initially selected diving with Ocean Republic Diving (ORD) based on their affiliation with the Sea Shepherd organisation and the marine conservation work that they do on and around Koh Tao. Once I got there, ORD simply exceeded my expectations both in the water and on land. They are not interested in merely selling you the dives or courses, but they go beyond to make sure that you are getting the highest possible service they can provide. Jonatan, the manager, not only runs the dive centre, but is hands on with everything that goes on on daily basis. He listened to my feedback and acted accordingly to make sure my diving experience with them was the best one. Given that I'm technical diver, I was also interested in doing some gas, deco or deep dives and their tech instructor Maxime made this happen. Maxime personally sorted everything out - getting the EAN tanks, additional sidemount gear as well as planning the dives. He is a very experienced tech diver and diving with him, I felt safe and comfortable every step of the way and could consequently enjoy all our dives together. Maxime really made every effort to make sure my dives were great. I definitely recommend diving with Maxime. So, to sum up, if you are looking for friendly, high quality and professional dive centre that puts divers first, Ocean Republic Diving is the place to select.

Oce R, Manager at Ocean Republic Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear Nadja!

It has been great to have you and Max and I are looking forward to dive again with you, Maybe in our next trip to Sipadan ;)

Kind regards!

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Super Diving School that cares about the planet and especially the marine life of course. We did the Open Water certificate with Max as an instructor and had a great time and sooo many experiences. Max takes good care of his students, is very experienced and fun and you feel safe at his side all the time. I only can recommend the place and Max! Thank you Ocean Republic and see you again!!!

Looking forward to have you back guys! The pleasure was all ours

Reviewed 1 January 2018

I did my open waters and advanced courses with OR and I couldn’t recommend them more! Angel was our open waters instructor, he is really sweet and professional, explains everything in a funny and easy way and makes sure you’re comfortable and enjoying everything. I did advanced dives with Angel, Max and Luca, so I can say all the instructors I hand are really professional and attentive. Furthermore, they really try to make sure you’re enjoying your stay apart from the diving and are ready to help with anything you need! Really amazing school and staff!

Wow Julia, we are blushing right know
Thank you for the kind words and we really hope to have you and the rest of the group back with us sometime in the future, it was very nice to have you around.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I did my open water course at Ocean Republic in Koh Tao and I couldnt ask for a better a school to do so. Everybody is so friendly there, they really make you feel confortable with everything. My instructor was Angel, a very funny and pacience guy who is really concern about you all the time, inside and outside the water. Our group had lots of fun with him and also diving! I trully recommend the school to anyone who is planning to dive in Koh Tao.

Hi Nicole,

It was a real pleasure to have you with us during those few days... so true time flies when you are having fun.

We are looking forward for a 2nd visit sometime in the future