We booked chintakiri because it was more expensive than the place we were originally looking at so we thought we would be getting a better hotel. We booked for one night with the idea to extend our stay if we liked it.
- amazing view! One of the best on the island. Waking up and seeing the view, or looking out while eating breakfast is priceless
- good size, clean rooms
- shower has good water volume and the water is hot.
- comfortable beds
- wifi ok
- has a (small) pool.
- villas have a good size balcony looking out to the view
- steep driveway and lots of steps. Walkways are narrow. Driveway is navigable with a scooter but I wouldn't do this with a passenger.
- outside door doesn't close well and there are gaps in the wood. A concern for bugs coming in at night but you can at least close a second set of doors to the bedroom to stop mosquitoes coming in.
- one staff member had a crying child onsite during our one night stay which was quite disruptive.
- some very noisy animals (that sound like a rubber duck) onsite. We were woken multiple times in the night by this animal.
- if someone hoons up the driveway while you're sleeping, and your villa is next to the driveway, it will wake you up.
- devices charge extremely slowly using their power points.
- the fridge in our room did not work.
We could have stayed more nights, but we went back down the road and viewed some rooms at another hotel. These were half the price compared to chintakiri and were clean and modern (no view though). We decided to change hotels to get better value for money and have just extended our stay there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chintakiri Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chintakiri Hotel Koh Tao
- Chintakiri Hotel Surat Thani
- Chintakiri Resort Surat Thani