All reviews pool villa sea view cottages lemongrass tea our honeymoon pirate bar chalok bay garden cottage alvaro diving cold towels outdoor shower walk along the beach the cottages high tide mosquito coils small beach the hotel offers thai massage
Reviewed 16 April 2018

The View Point Resort is set on a bluff overlooking the west side of Chalok Bay on the southern side of Koh Tao. As the resort's name implies, the view from the hotel grounds can't be beat - you can take in the entire bay and Buddha Point in one stunning view. Our room had an outside deck as well as a small outdoor area between the bedroom and bathroom which really makes you feel like you're immersed in the jungle. Everyone at the hotel was super friendly, especially the restaurant staff.

Though the hotel offers a lot of peace and quiet, being on the far end of a small bay, there is a lively beach bar a few minutes walk away, and a small town with some excellent restaurants 10 minutes or so further, so it was easy to find some evening fun too. If you're on Koh Tao, you're probably diving, and it was great to have Alvaro Diving within walking distance for convenient and inexpensive diving. There is also some superb snorkeling right in the bay.

One downside to the hotel: there are a lot of steps between the beach and the top of the overlook where the rooms are located - it was no trouble for us but might be an issue for those who aren't in great health.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan V
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing resort. Book the Beach Front Cottage if you can... It is THE BEST. Friendly staff. Great Breakfast. Everything is super clean and organized. Highly recommend this resort. Truly is a 5 star resort. Walk out of your bedroom and go for a swim or snorkel or rent a kayak for 4 hours.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

OK I agree with everyone. That hotel is stunning. The rooms are perfect, close to the nature, the view is unforgettable, the restaurant, the pool, the beach everything is as fine as it is described in other comments... However, I have a small criticism. Maybe, it is because we are younger than most of hotel guests but the rules written everywhere with big letters made me sometimes feel like a child. I totally get you want to be a high-standing hotel, that you don't want mess or drunk tourists or prostitutes or whatever every night, that you want it quiet. But a hotel is not a monastery and when I had to sign that regulamin at the beginning of the stay it made me feel like in high school. No hotel ever made me sign something like this. I can't bring anyone in my room after ten? I get you want to avoid big parties but come on, I'm an adult. As for the employees, they seem stressed all the time. So keep going on, but relax the pressure on your guests.....

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nela K
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife for 5 nights. We were collected from the dock and shown to reception. Staff took care of our luggage.

We were welcomed with cold wet towels and a refreshing drink. Reception staff were lovely and very helpful/informative.

Whilst staying here it was my wife's birthday. I asked reception if a cake could be arranged for her. They rung a local baker on my behalf and sourced a beautiful cake with candles and hand delivered to our room. It was good value for money.

During our stay staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us. They always said good morning and hello and always with a smile.

I would have rated it five star BUT the cooked breakfast on the hot plates was cold everyday and didn't matter how early you got there. So all did was stick to fresh fruit and yogurt and fresh pastries. Coffee was also cold. Think this maybe because the restaurant is open air.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We had 5 nights here and loved it. We had a sea view villa and the views are stunning. Staff are helpful and friendly.

It's worth the short walk along the beach to the little town which has lots of little places to eat/drink etc and some diving resorts.

The hotel is rather "in nature" so take mosquito spray and earplugs for when the crickets wake up early!!

Great hotel - my only suggestions for improvement are that the hairdryer was fairly useless and slow and the breakfast items that were meant to be hot were generally quite cold so we stuck to cereal/yoghurt/fruit/toast instead.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple