Our stay here was fine, but we opted not to spend very much time in the room. It seems that everything on Koh Phi Phi is quite expensive, so we weren't looking for a killer deal, but it was still a bit painful to plunk down so much money for what we got.
The room was clean and mostly comfortable, though mosquitoes were a definite problem. Using the mosquito net was a must, but I think this might be the case at any hotel along this beach. The room had a really nice plasma TV with many English language channels. Our room was steps from the beach, which was fantastic. The daily breakfast was nice, and the tables are nicely situated near the beach. The hotel is pretty centrally located on Long Beach, with several resorts on either side with different restaurants or massages to try.
The bathroom, as you've no doubt read in other reviews, was the downfall of the room. I was perplexed that they chose to spend so much money on the TVs, while leaving the bathrooms in their state: a shower that is merely a nozzle in the wall, so the entire bathroom becomes wet. If you take evening showers, any trips you make into the bathroom in the night will result in wet feet -- not fun for climbing into bed! A small fan near the ceiling ventilates the bathroom. Ours did not have a foul odor, as I've read in some other reviews, but it just made me feel that this wasn't the best value.
If we were to go back to Long Beach, we'd probably try the Phi Phi Hill. Though the bathroom definitely wouldn't be worth writing home about, we'd had a few extra Baht in our pockets. Incidentally, Phi Phi Hill also had a nice little beach bar/restaurant where we enjoyed many Chang beers, food, and the company of an occasional beach kitty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach resort on a small island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Paradise Resort Phi Phi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Paradise Hotel Ko Phi Don
- Paradise Resort Ko Phi Don