I stayed for 6 days -- the hotel was recommended by some fellow travellers I met in Patong who had stayed there for 22 days.
The setting is absolutely stunning. I had a beachfront bungalow and most of the pictures I uploaded were just a few steps out of my bungalow. The beachfront was nice to have -- but unless you're desperate for that location, the other bungalows back from the beach would be just fine as everything is super close on the beach.
I loved Long Beach -- it was quiet (though it was low season) with just a few hotels/resorts on it. I wouldn't really classify this as a "resort" in the big chain kind of way. More of a collection of bungalows/rooms with a restaurant, beach area, massage area, etc -- very nicely setup and comfortable. Long beach is away from the hub bub of Phi Phi town which is what I wanted. It's a 20 minute walk (and you need to NOT be in flip flops for it) or a 5/10 minutes long tail boat ride, so it's easy to get to if you want some more action -- and easy to avoid if you just want to chill.
I ended up having a Thai massage every day around 4:30 for an hour (300 THB ~ $10 CAD) and on my departure day, did a two hour massage in the morning before catching the ferry back to Phuket.
Wifi is available, you have to buy 10 minutes chunks and use it at the reception area.
I would definitely go back and stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach resort on a small island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Paradise Resort Phi Phi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Paradise Hotel Ko Phi Don
- Paradise Resort Ko Phi Don