“A little slice of heaven ...”

Paradise Resort Phi Phi
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stayed for 6 days -- the hotel was recommended by some fellow travellers I met in Patong who had stayed there for 22 days.

The setting is absolutely stunning. I had a beachfront bungalow and most of the pictures I uploaded were just a few steps out of my bungalow. The beachfront was nice to have -- but unless you're desperate for that location, the other bungalows back from the beach would be just fine as everything is super close on the beach.

I loved Long Beach -- it was quiet (though it was low season) with just a few hotels/resorts on it. I wouldn't really classify this as a "resort" in the big chain kind of way. More of a collection of bungalows/rooms with a restaurant, beach area, massage area, etc -- very nicely setup and comfortable. Long beach is away from the hub bub of Phi Phi town which is what I wanted. It's a 20 minute walk (and you need to NOT be in flip flops for it) or a 5/10 minutes long tail boat ride, so it's easy to get to if you want some more action -- and easy to avoid if you just want to chill.

I ended up having a Thai massage every day around 4:30 for an hour (300 THB ~ $10 CAD) and on my departure day, did a two hour massage in the morning before catching the ferry back to Phuket.

Wifi is available, you have to buy 10 minutes chunks and use it at the reception area.

I would definitely go back and stay here.

Room Tip: Unless you're desperate for an ocean view (and then request a bungalow at the north end as the o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank K2Cal
There are newer reviews for Paradise Resort Phi Phi

Reviewed 30 October 2012

My husband and I took a quick trip to Koh Phi Phi for our 1st wedding anniversary. After extensive research I booked us for 3 nights at the Paradise Resort on Long Beach, as we wanted to be out of Tongsai Village. We definitely made the right choice - this place is nothing short of beautiful!

Long Beach is a beautiful white sandy beach with really clear aqua coloured water - perfect for swimming. We stayed right before high season and had really hot weather, sunny weather. We booked late so the only room I could get was a standard, and even with the cheap room we were still only about 15 metres from the beach. Perfect to hop in for a quick dip whenever we wanted to. The room was really spacious, the air conditioning was icy cold, and we even had a decent sized fridge to store drinks and food. The bathroom was pretty basic, but we were expecting this and it wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be reading other reviews on here. The only negative was that we stayed right at the end of low season, so the restaurant was closed and no breakfast was included. There were other places open in the Long Beach area, so this wasn't a problem at all.

The best part for us (apart from the beautiful beach) was the walk through to Tongsai along the path through the forest. We only took a long boat once our entire stay, as we loved the 30 minute hike! A couple of times we stopped at some of the other resorts for a beer just to break up the trip. We probably did this walk about 6 times, as we went into Tongsai a few different times for lunch / dinner and to do some shopping.

I loved Paradise Resort and we are definitely planning on going back, but will probably try from a superior or deluxe room next time.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room if you can as the bathrooms are nicer. Just about all rooms are within 20 me...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KTouchstone
Reviewed 29 September 2012

A beautiful and clean hotel with amazing views on Maya bay, reasonably priced, can't fault it at all. There are a couple of nice restaurants and a shop, all you need for a super relaxing holiday. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Olga C
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Paradise resort is a beautiful and peaceful place for spending your vacation!!! Rooms are clean and nicely decorated,we were in a superior room-LCD tv,air c.,safe,fridge...nice furniture.Bungalows are on the beach which is gorgeous and good for swimming and snorkeling!!People who are working there are helpful and very kind...I love everything about this island and this resort!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank IvaaaVg
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Ko Phi Phi is a party island but if you are looking for peace and relaxation take a long tail boat 10 minutes to the next beach on the island called Long Beach. It is beautiful and quiet. We stayed in a bungalow facing the beach and were about 50 feet to the amazing water. Rooms are remodeled and clean and the staff was friendly. It is very reasonably priced. We stayed for 3 nights and seriously considered if we should leave. Possibly our favorite place in Thailand.

Room Tip: Delux beach front bungalows are the best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple