“First time, good for the location”

Phi Phi Banyan Villa
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I read a blog saying do not plan ahead when you go to the islands, which for me was a struggle because I'm always worried about being stranded somewhere without a place to stay, but I just let go, and I'm so glad I did. My boyfriend and I arrived at the airport in Ko Samui and we were greeted immediately with all these options, boats and ferry's to take you to any island, transportation to the piers were included. We took a ferry to Koh Phi Phi Island, where again you are greeted with many options for places to stay or boats to take you to your next location. Everything went fast there were no long lines for assistance. This booth showed us pictures with prices for all the hotels, we picked the Banyan and took a quick walk from the pier to the hotel. The reviews for this entire island, and other islands in Thailand were brutal. I'm going to just give it to you straight, this is a VERY small island, and I didn't even see any bicycles, the only thing I saw with wheels, were the carts people used to transfer food. The hotels are dated, small, and all stacked up next to each other. You can walk from Ton Sai Bay to Loh Dalum Bay in minutes. If you are use to 5 star accommodations and will get pissed if it’s not up to your standards, maybe just explore the island for a day. The beds are clean, the furniture is dated, but you have everything you need. If you want a resort experience, then go to a resort, if you are up for new experiences and completely different cultures then you will be just fine at the hotels. The only thing that annoyed me, was the gym, I walked up to it and they were just snobby and said I needed a pass from the front desk to prove I was a guest, something the hotel should just give you when you check in. We spent one day at the hotel pool after a late night, there are only 6-8 lounge chairs and the pool is small. I really liked staying in the busiest part of the island, it was exciting and sometimes we would just people watch because it’s really a melting pot of different cultures. Rent a kayak in the morning and go to Monkey Beach it was one of the prettiest beaches we saw there. To conclude, don't go to this island for the hotels, go for everything else.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 October 2017

It was very nice to stay in this hotel. It has a good swimming pool and the staff was waiting at the pier for us on the day of arrival and accompanied us till the hotel. Staff were friendly and there are lots of cats. Those who dont like cats need to bear with it. Its near to all the happening area of the island. Its near to beach and the rooms are clean and neat.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swathimathrusri
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Great central location with all the basics. Just a short walk to all the action Phi Phi has to offer. Huge well equipt gym. Nice and quiet at night. Staff were friendly and polite and gave us a delicious pineapple drink on arrival - cheers!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Booked for 3nights after reading good reviews about this place. This was not our first time in Koh Phi Phi and we were always intrigued by this "big fancy looking villa" from the outside.
Facade was good,location was really great and the gym facilities are really modern,clean and new. Pool was average and can be improved. But once we reached our room,we can see that this place is outdated. We did enjoy the balcony overlooking the garden and pool area,plus the awesome gym and great location, but that was it. Evening came and my boyfriend and I noticed ants everywhere,literally on our beds,towels etc. we thought it was bed bugs crawling up our sheets. The next day we asked for our room to be cleaned. But lo and behold,ants again!!! Mind you,we didn't leave any food in the open as we usually go out to eat,so we are wondering-where did the ants come from??? You can also see from the mirror marks that it is really really old. The shower drain is not good,as well as the toilet--you can literally flush it and watch/wait for 3mins before "everything" is flushed down! FYI I cannot sleep while I type this review because my bed is ant infested. Good luck to anyone who will be checking in here soon!

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Marj D
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

The location is great, the surroundings are beautiful (the gym and pool are excellent!), and the WiFi works well. The staff is also very friendly. The rooms are basic, but they have everything you need.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple