All reviewshappily stay here againmin walkthe room was niceparty scenewi fistayed here for nightstvpierislandhairdryer
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights, it's in a nice area of the island away from the central business which is good. The price for the room was actually not much more than paying for a hostel bed which is good. We did stay in another hotel on the island for a little bit cheaper but Chong Khao was far nicer! About a 2 minute walk to the beach (on either side of the island). It's located very close to a dive shop on the beach aswel which was very good for us. The staff were all friendly and the room was big, had a safe and a TV, also free water, tea and coffee. Our room was cleaned while we were out on the second day even though we did not hang the 'please make up my room' sign out which was a nice little surprise. They have some toiletries in the bathroom for you to use. We also left our safe open with money, electronics etc inside so the staff are clearly very trustworthy! Thankyou :)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Not talking about the tackiness of the hotel as it is a budget stay; but special mention to the faecal smell that comes from outside the room, every now and then. Coming to the hotel staff, everyone except the manager (he might be the owner of the place, I am not sure) were very friendly and halepful. Now this man, the manager doesnt know how yo display the minimum courtesy when talking to people. The electrical kettle placed in our room was so dirty and had white casts all inside it. While coming back from a beach visit, I entered the reception to ask the manager to get it replaced. He was there lying comfortably on a couch in the reception. I went upto him and this man dint even budge, leave having the basic courtesy to atleast get up or sit down. He was lying there in front of me ( a female) thinking for 5 minutes what he should do about the kettle, while I waited uncomfortably. After 5 minutes he told me he will replace it; I asked him to send someone to my room so that I can give it to him to which the manager replied rudely, “No, I will replace it if you bring it here”! Well, so much for hospitality.
Would never recommend this hotel to anyone. No cleaning of rooms even after asking twice! Such a waste of money!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nis331
Reviewed 17 September 2017

This hotel was a pretty good price and not too long of a walk from other places. It was just a normal room, nothing stood out about the place much besides the price. Since you don't spend much time in your room anyways it was no big deal. Also it was far enough away from the party beach that you barely heard music late into the night which was a plus.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
meena k, Manager at Chong Khao Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for choosing us We are appreciated that you have left the review So we will try to work hard to keep our better service Regards

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Chong Khao for 3 nights and phi phi and it was great. 5 min walk from pier. 2 min walk from beach. 15 min walk to the party scene which is close enough and still allows you to have a good sleep. The beds were comfortable and room was well cleaned everyday! Tons of restaurants around. Staff was great and helped us carry our bags to the pier. Highly recommend!! Great value for money

Stayed: June 2017

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

If this hotel was else where in Thailand, I'd probably give it 3 stars. But for phi phi it's actually pretty good for the price. Rooms are nice, a little rough around the edges, but perfectly acceptable. Besides of your spending time in your room your not enjoying Phi Phi enough!!!

Good Wi-Fi, great location; an easy walk into the hustle and bustle, but away from all the noise at night.

Would happily stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple