1,906 results
All reviews long beach grand deluxe villa steep walk first row long tail boat min walk walk along the beach hill side restaurants and shops private beach main area tonsai pier nice resort monkey beach other resorts bay ferry
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Not the best first impression. This hotel is one of those places that looks good on photos but the reality is slightly different. It’s habitable but don’t expect any luxury here.

Make sure you wear flip flops and shorts when you arrive to the hotel using their free boat shuttle service from the port. The longtail boat will drop you off on the beach and you will need to jump out into a shallow water and walk through the beach to the reception. I thought it was quite cool but just a word of advise: don’t wear shoes or trainers when arriving :-)

It wasn’t the warmest welcome and we weren’t impressed about the room we got either. Claustrophobic and in desperate need of a refurb. Stained tiles in bathroom resembled some sort of communal showers on a poor camping site of youth hostel. It was a semi-detached hut and we could hear our neighbours having a normal level conversation - so no privacy here. We travelled in a group of three but the room we got was clearly for two people. We pointed this out to the bell boy and he said that someone will bring another bed shortly. We waited and waited and waited and went back to reception. I complained that we paid for three people but got a room for two. I was told once again to wait and someone will bring another bed. I asked for a bigger room because if they would put another bed in this tiny hut there would be no floor space left whatsoever. The guy in reception told me that there he cannot give a us a bigger room and said quite rudely that we can complain to our travel agent to see if they can find us another hotel if we don’t like it. We left the hotel and went to town; came back after midnight, tired and sleepy and discovered that there is still no extra bed in our room! Not impressed! We were tried and just wanted to sleep, not to argue with the reception once again in the middle of the night. We (three adults) ended up sleeping in one double bed. Not the best night sleep I’ve had! In the morning I complained once again to them, they apologised and finally gave us a room of the right size, that was actually meant for three people and with a nice sea view. Still bit poor inside, especially bathroom just ugly and not exactly clean. And not enough electric sockets so we had to buy an extension to charge all our cameras, phones etc. Also the USB port built into the TV came in handy for charging. Internet is also very poor - takes ages to load one simple email.

Breakfast was actually OK although I wish there was a bigger selection of fruit. There are so many different, cheap fruit available on this island yet this hotel only had watermelon and pineapple.

All the shortcomings of this hotel are compensated by the incredible beauty of Phi Phi Island, emerald crystal clear water and breathtaking views.

I would love to come back here. Not because of this hotel but because of the natural beauty of this island.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank ArekM_Leeds
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

On arrival the long tail boat was not at the port, waited 10mins then it arrived, short ride to the hotel. Check in was slow but they had a room ready and didn't make me wait until 2pm so that was great. Location is nice. Internet is dreadful, basically it doesn't work. I booked a grand deluxe villa. On checking in it became very apparent very quickly there is nothing grand about the room... and it's just that... a room, nothing like a villa. My room was attached to another room so it wasn't even detached. I heard my neighbours talking but luckily they weren't noisy neighbours. Bathroom was very basic, bed comfy and shower good. Room service was fast and food was nice. The onsite tour desk is expensive, book at the ferry port because you can negotiate a deal there for trips. All in all an okay property but I felt the price I paid was expensive for what I got.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

The rooms are very good and the location is great. Breakfast was also ok. Unfortunately, the only restaurant in the hotel is a big let down; firstly there were no chips and no pizza for days; when we complained about how terrible the mixed grill dish was the counter staff didnt even look at us; at last there was no ambient music but only a tv with loud thai channels on. Overall a good experience but look elsewhere to dine. PS: Guest should be advised on arrival of possible big black SCORPION encounters at night time; my 5 year old daughter nearly stepped on it while we walked back to the room at around 8pm.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed there in October. it was an absolute treat... Everything from the staff, the room, the patio and the view was amazing!

The walk to our bungalow was a tad steep but worth it.

Breakfast - we stayed in a couple of hotels on our trip to Thailand, and Bay View was the only place that served bacon with their breakfast. Ok, so the bacon tasted like it was cooked in left over calamari oil but it was still bacon.

Room Tip: Some of the bungalows don't have a great sea view due to the trees growing in front of the bungalows .
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Let me first start by saying that the views from the cottages at Bayview are awesome, despite the uphill walk to our room, well worth the walk. Our Cottage was neat and had a nice deck with chairs and a table on it to relax and watch the boats coming and going. Bathrooms are a bit dark and dated with a mustard colour municipal feel to them, but the rest of the decor in the rooms made up for it, towels are a bit threadbare though and needs replacement, pool area also often runs out of towels, drinks etc. Most of the front reception staff were friendly upon arrival and communicated well, but are let down by the porters, the longtail ferry staff and bartending staff who are quite unhelpful and do not seem to understand English or even hand gestures at all. After checkout at 11am we were told to place our bags at reception and the hotel will bring our bags via longtail boat to the Ferry at 1.30pm. We checked twice with them that it was ok to leave the luggage and it would be brought to the ferry, we were assured that we just had to meet our luggage at the ferry which was leaving at 2.30pm........last one for the day to Phuket, since the others had been cancelled for the day. Upon arrival at the pier at 1.30pm we searched for our luggage on the ferry, on the pier, tried calling the hotel with no answer at reception and were sent from pillar to post trying to locate the Bayview Ferry staff. At 2pm we finally found the Bayview longtail boat staffer who was welcoming arriving guests and he had no idea what we were trying to explain to him. At this point we finally got through to the hotel who told us that our luggage was still in reception and would be loaded immediately onto the longtail boat and would arrive in 5mins. Well it arrived 40mins later and we missed the Ferry to Phuket, with the next one only leaving the next day. The Bayview longtail boat guys were then reluctant to take us back to the hotel with their new arriving passengers and gave us attitude. At this point we decided to just abandon them and check in at a totally different hotel, right opposite the Pier, at 2000baht per night and forfeit our already pd for accommodation in Phuket. We then spent the night enjoying more of Phi Phi,s nightlife and restaurants and put the bad experience behind us......the next morning we paid for the Ferry to Phuket again, having forfeited the previous day's fare. So in a nutshell, Bayview has awesome views and the rates are reasonable, but please micromanage your own luggage and arrangements and make sure you find someone who understands you because when reception gets busy on checkout, other staff pitch in and their communication is very poor, although they say yes , but have no idea what you are asking of them.

Room Tip: Try and take rooms from level 1-3.....4 and 5 are very high up and require some uphill trekking to get to and from your room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple