“Jonas is a great instructor”
Review of Keiritas Yoga

Keiritas Yoga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Keirita's Yoga & Scuba Diving (now operating in Ko Lipe Island only) draws from a complimentary mix of varying yoga styles which are predominantly Ashtanga Vinyasa based. All classes are small & personal with 10 or less. Private classes are also available on request. For those looking for a yoga and a scuba diving holiday then this is the perfect place for you. The practice of yoga is most beneficial when it comes to scuba diving, the mindful breathing and movement techniques of yoga help with becoming accustomed to the mindful breathing & movement practices of being underwater. Keirita's yoga offers multiple daily classes in the beautiful Keirita's Yoga Studio Koh Lipe Island located in the far south of Thailand.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I had the privilege of having a few classes with jonas and he's the best instructor i've had to date. None of the ego or hype that unfortunately seems to go along with the ... sport? Art? Practise? How does one refer to it? Way of life? ... of yoga is apparent in jonas's teaching.

He's real, humble and inspiring. And very very passionate.

Date of experience: November 2013
2  Thank leahwoody

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My friends and I were fortunate enough to meet Jonas while on Ko Phi Phi this past month. I believe we were one of his first classes he taught on Ko Phi Phi and he was very patient and informative throughout the entire class! If you are on island I definitely recommend taking his or any classes offered at Keirtas! Jonas is also an excellent climber, so if you're looking for a climbing buddy, look him up! ALOHA!

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I have been taking Yoga classes from Keira for almost 2 years now, and I can honestly say it has changed my life. I was apprehensive at first, but after my initial class I was hooked. As a beginner, the class was challenging, but in a good way. All of the postures had modifications for the not-so-experienced (me!) which meant that I could work on the basics without feeling like I was holding up the more experienced yogis!

I find that Keira's ability to read her students during the class helped me immensely as I could take rest positions when I needed to, and push the harder postures when I felt that I could. She is incredibly patient, knowledgeable and experienced in her craft, and her teaching skills are well-honed from over 10 years of teaching scuba diving and yoga on the island.

The mixed levels class is great as she introduces new, more difficult postures in a way that everyone can try it, and if they want to push harder, she encourages you throughout.

The Mama Beach location is fantastic, on a large wooded deck. It is cool, breezy and you are overlooking the stunning Tonsai Bay. She also holds classes in the Banyan Villa Gym 3 days a week. The steam room after one of Keira's classes is a real treat for sure!

If you are a beginner or advanced, old or young, you should not miss the chance to practice with Keira on Phi Phi Island! Thank you Keira for all your guidance and encouragement!

Date of experience: June 2012
1  Thank caroline l
Reviewed 29 April 2013

If you're into yoga, make a plan! The location is gorgeous (on the quieter end of Ton Sai beach - at Mama's Beach Residence) and the instructor was fantastic - worked up a substantial sweat during the 1 1/2 hour class.
My husband sat at the bar at Mama's Beach Residence while I did my class, and then we had dinner there afterwards. It made for a lovely evening.

Date of experience: April 2013