“terrible”

Phangan Cabana Resort
Ranked #73 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

the place looks good when you are not living there. We stayed in 2 rooms because the first one was infested by mosquitos and stilts. We tried to kill them or use poison but it didn't work. So we changed to another room and stay three nights there... In all nights there were some non identified nooses from the roof, that certainly was a family of something living there. When I told this to the staff, she told me that was something about the rain noise. Oo definitely not. To finish, In the last night appeared a lot of cockroaches. We try to kill them but it was appearing more and more. We had to go out of the room to ask for some help about 2 AM.
The staff were ok. the restaurant and breakfast was terrible and bad staff there. I don't recommend.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

We had a 3 night stay here. It was a nice peaceful stay, with nice rooms and nice views. The staff were all great apart from the restaurant staff, where we had a slight issue on the first night. The issue being we ordered something and never received it....when we paid the bill it wasn't on the bill so didn't get charged for it, but when I explained that we had ordered it and they checked with the waiter, and then they just laughed about it when they realised we never got it. Other then the restaurant, everything was acceptable. Reception lady helped us with booking a ferry, taxi etc...

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

The room is normal, not good ..not bad, has old air condition and not much facilities. But, The hotel located in bad location ..far away from everything, take a long time from the pier and have only one convenient store near hotel.

The beach at the hotel have no good view. ..it's sand beach with a lot of pebbles and rocks. It's not interested. I think the others that I had seen when on the way to the hotel is better. Moreover, Swimming pool is too small

There is 3% service charge when you pay with credit cards. Actually, they will charge you everything :(

If you want to go to this hotel, don't use pick up service(200THB/person) ..it's very wrong choice. You should rent motorcycle (Just 250THB/Day)

The most important thing is receptions are worst ..unfriendly, unsmiling and they explained the cost I have to pay with speak poorly.

I'm not recommended !!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2016

Hotel is fine, 20 minute drive to Thongsala town, around 40 minute drive to Haadrin. Beach is not that clean due to heavy rain. Room is average, but there is no hot water, and the water from the shower is just a drizzle. No coffee nor tea making facilities. I lost my room key for the first time, but that is my fault and they charged me 1000 THB. The sad thing is the room key has no hotel name, so if you misplace the key and someone found it, it will never be returned back to the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Since we stayed 12 nights, we got a pretty good deal (online price was better, so I mentioned that in my negotiations) for our room and breakfast (we didn't have to pay a deposit, maybe because I paid the 12 nights?). These are NOT bungalows, but attached rooms, some with garden view. There are two chairs and a small table on the small terrace in front of your room. Everything is clean and well maintained. The restaurant is nice and big and the kitchen looks extremely clean as well (staff wearing hair covers). Most of the staff were very nice and helpful, cleaning our room almost every day. Roi, who worked in the restaurant was always very nice and had the typical Thai smile and jokes. Not so much for the owner, it seems that everybody fears her, including customers. She's very un-Thai, stern and not accommodating at all. We couldn't use our breakfast vouchers (200 baht in total) one day because we had to leave on a snorkel trip before the restaurant opened, I asked if I could use them for 2 good coffees (not the brown powder) for a total of 120 baht and this was rejected. The evening of the full moon party can be a very busy and loud one for those guests seeking peace and quiet. The staff has techno music going on at the reception, which has loudspeakers outside, so you'll have to listen to that until 10 pm, when they all leave for the party. Haad Chao Phao is a VERY nice beach (I've visited the island 4x and have been to all sides of the island and this is my favorite beach so far).

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are the best, away from the reception (outside loudspeakers with constant music)