We arrived at Santhiya on 2nd January and were warmly welcomed. We booked a room with access to the pool on top of the hill, but the lady said that we were upgraded to stay in a villa with private pool. We didn't argue with that, the villa was superb and not far to walk to the restaurant as well as the main entrance where our scooter was parked.
We booked for 7 nights and have another 3 nights to go. The first night on our arrival we decided to stay for the buffet. It was very nice but the food that was meant to be hot was cold. A little disappointing.
The next day, we wanted to try down by the beach the restaurant, next to the big pool. The menu was very booring and you didn't have much choice to choose for BBQ. We decided to choose the seafood basket. It was average.
Next day, we explored outside the resort through the secret passage along the beach. That was great. When you first arrive on the beach, the first BBQ restaurant was packed with people (lots of them were from Santhiya) and everything is charcoal grilled. Very nice. Service was also great and they spoke english fluently.
Back to Santhiya, we have seen their menu. It is rather disappointing to see it with pictures. Basically, the menu looks cheap. My STRONG RECOMMENDATION for the chef at Santhiya, "change the menu, remove the pictures and make it look like a normal menu for people to read" trust me, it will make a difference. Because we think, we don't trust ourselves to try, a menu with photos looks like canteen food or on the street. Change it ASAP. It will uplift your restaurant.
With the buffet, it is our 4th breakfast and still looks the same. It is a little rather booring, especially for guests like us that are staying for 7 nights.
Otherwise overall, it is a wonderful resort. No doubts about that and very friendly staff going out of their way to help you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus is second to the highest villa category in the resort with 115sqm floor area and a truly unique character to show. Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus boasts its own personal infinity pools and a mini waterfall, picture-perfect panoramic sea view vistas along with a living room and open-air bathrooms. Perfect for newlyweds and honeymooners. Get lost in your very own luxurious private villa, the Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santhiya Resort And Spa
- Santhiya Hotel Thong Nai Pan
- Santhiya Hotel Ko Phangan
- Santhiya Resort Ko Phangan