2,878 results
All reviews private pool mary jane hideaway pool villa our honeymoon outdoor bathroom supreme deluxe koh phangan main restaurant small village main pool nearby village sea view neighbouring beach traditional thai style speedboat transfer jip shop thong nai pan beach
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of our honeymoon. We arrived by speedboat from Koh Samui and as soon as we saw it it took our breath away.

We stayed in a hideaway villa. The hotel is set in the hillside and there are little carts that can take you from your room to the pool or main part of the hotel. Luckily ours was in walking distance.

The hideaway villa was simply amazing....it was decorated in teak like the rest of the hotel with a four poster bed, an outside bathroom and a seperate living room where you could step into our own private pool. We also had a jacuzzi bath out the front of the villa which was already full and topped with rose petals when we arrived. Very impressive.

The hotel itself was beautiful...very open and the staff were very nice and friendly. We ate in the hotel restaurant once which was very nice as was the breakfast selection. However on the next beach over from the hotel there are a few more beach restaurants to choose from which were cheaper. In order to get to this beach however you have to climb over some rocks so take sturdy shoes. Also the sand that is on the hotel's private beach is quite stoney and can hurt your feet so best to wear shoes. The sand on the beach over the rocks however is lovely powdery sand.

If you walk about 3/4 of the way down the sandy beach (just passed the hotel with the white flags on the beach) you will notice a little gap between two bars which leads to a little shop on the left hand side. Here we stocked up on beer, water, juices, crisps etc as it was cheaper than getting it from the hotel. If you walk further up this road it will lead you to a little village with more restaurants and little spa's. I would recommend that instead of using the hotel spa you use one of these ones in the village as they are a lot cheaper. We had 10,000 THB credit to use at the spa in the hotel which me and my husband used on a full thai body massage each. This was lovely and very relaxing. We also had massages at the little spas in the village and they were just as good but for a fraction of the price. The hotel with the red flags on the beach was the hotel that Katie Price and Alex Reid stayed at on their honeymoon.

On the sandy beach you can also get a taxi/boat taxi to Haad Rin where they hold the full moon parties. These were 200THB per person when we went but I can't recall if that was for each way or for a return. They tend to leave around 10pm and come back for around 5am.Unfortunatly we did not make any full moon/half moon/black moon parties. There was one the night before we arrived and one the night we left.

Whilst staying on the island we did a day trip to Ang Thong Marine park which I would thoroughly recommend. It was beautiful.

We stayed here for a week in September for the last part of our honeymoon. Usually no matter where I go I will get bitten a hundred times by mosquitoes. However I never got bitten once the whole time I was in Thailand. The hotel were very good at spraying the grounds however at which point you have to stay in doors or leave the hotel premises as a white cloud descends across the grounds.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone especially the Hideaway Villa - definately worth splashing out for. It was great for a romantic getaway and I am now going to find it very hard to go away and not have my own private pool.

I never used the main pool at the hotel as there was no need with our own pool attached to the comfort of our villa however every time we walked passed it looked very clean and inviting. I can't wait to stay here again.

Please note however that there is no 'night life' on this part of the island. It is very quiet with plenty of places to eat but thats about it at night time. If you are looking for more night life then you may want to stay nearer to Haad Rin.

Room Tip: Splash out for the hideaway villa.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have been in this resort with my friends for the full moon party. The hotel is amazing, it offers very nice rooms and high quality food at every hour. On the other hand you should not underestimate the transportation cost in choosing this hotel: to get to the full moon beach or to the most famous beach you need to take the boat (if the sea is ok) or get a ride with the car. It takes almost one hour, the street is one of the worst I have ever seen and it cost at least 1000 baht for a single ride. In some cases some taxi refuse to bring you home since it is too far... So if you are going to stay in the hotel enjoy the amazing experience, if you plan to visit the island choose something closer to life!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Superb rooms! We had the hideaway villa with its own splash pool, the outdoor bathroom is fun and private enough, the bedrooms beautifully decorated in teak with a really nice sitting room and patio.

The hotel location is a both a blessing and a curse, the tropical jungle location is really great if you are looking to feel away from it all in your own private romantic jungle hideaway but it comes with the inevitable
Mosquito issues. The hotel take all the steps they can to keep them under control but you will get bitten, it isn't a problem though and nothing to spoil a wonderful 4 nights over Christmas.

The food is great, expensive when compared to the easily accessible local village but very reasonable when compared to home. The swimming pool and sea front bar are great, service is mostly excellent and I would recommend this place in a heartbeat

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Craggy1sland
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Santhiya was worth every penny spent for a 5 star luxury resort. We bought the 'hideaway' package and added an extra night so we had 9 amazing nights in a hideaway sea view pool villa and we could not have asked for more. It was so private and luxurious, having your own pool really makes a difference to your summer holiday! The service was first class, the staff so very friendly and the authentic Thai decor is really special. We ate in the restaurant every night because the menu is amazing, a great mix of authentic Thai food (which was what we were after) but also a Western menu if you fancy a night off Thai. The restaurant staff surprised us with our own special table and a card signed by all staff on our last night + a complimentary cocktail. I have never felt so special as a guest before. The facilities are great, especially the spa and the library where you can borrow a summer read. My only criticism is the activities. If you happen to get bad weather like we did (it was hot but a lot of rain and turbulent waters) then all the water activities are out, leaving you with not much to do if you want to fill your days with some activity. It wasn't a problem for us as we were happy to relax but my advice is if you're after some adventure, this isn't the resort, or in fact island for you. Although, you can take a short stroll to the local village and hire a motorbike to explore the island, like we did!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daniinwonderland
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This spot is outta control nice...I felt like I was in a palace or a museum the whole time. Everything was immaculate and shiny...more statues than I could count. The pools were impressive...the upper one with a view was really mellow and long enough to swim laps in. I'm thinking it was 30-35 meters long.

The employees were trained and it was so obvious going from China! They all smiled a lot and greeted you. Someone went on a rant that this is over the top, but they are not on point with this. What's not to like about someone greeting you and smiling? My theory is that the resort hires super friendly smiley people to work there.

I was nothing but impressed the entire time we were there. The free breakfast was stellar. It was so relaxing to chill out at this resort. Here were several beefs I had with them though:

-internet didn't work in our room...had to sit on the patio to make it work(not that big a deal, but it's nice to geek out a little while on vacation)

-we often smelled sewage where we were staying in the supreme deluxe building

-the first night we had to call the desk at midnight because our keycard wan't perfectly in the holder for the electricity. It needed to be slightly out and once we figured this out, we were fine.

There is a really laid back town nearby. Food was much cheaper there. Luna Bar and Grill was our favorite. Jip's spot was also very nice. My favorite pad thai was at the Better than Sex Cafe, which was also really cool, but needs a new name and to step up their service.

Everything about this resort shined. Maybe it's because I'm not a frequent flyer at 4/5 star spots all the time, but I was really impressed with how atheistically pleasing every part of this resort was. They run great specials, so do it. If you want to party, stick to Haad Rin.

Room Tip: If you stay in the Supreme Deluxe building, go for an upstairs room so people aren't swimming past your bedroom all day, but if you're into the pool, then these rooms are cool because they are swim in swim out
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple