“Haad Rin is DudeBro Central, However, Hotel is Great”
Review of Sea Breeze Resort

Sea Breeze Resort
Ranked #25 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 29 June 2017

First the good news. If you find yourself in Haad Rin, this is a nice little hotel. We purposely avoided the full moon party. Our friend booked a sea-view cabin, and after seeing the basic interior of rooms in the hotel's main building my friend booked via Expedia, we decided to switch to a sea view cabin. The staff made the change with a minimum of fuss.

The cabins are somewhat rustic, although they have thoughtful elements like handpainted murals on the walls and big picture windows that look out on the sea. Really, this place is all about scenic views and kind staff.

Now the bad news, not at all the fault of the hotel staff. Haad Rin turned out to be my first disappointment with following the advice of Lonely Planet on this trip. Contrary to what the guide for Koh Phangnan suggests, Haad Rin is not wonderful when there are no crowds for the full moon party. Haad Rin is geared entirely toward the 18-25 crowd with lots of noisy bars and tourist traps aimed at that age group. But, on top of that, the beaches were terrible, including one referred to as "beautiful blonde sunset beach." Lots of trash on the beach and stirred up, dirty-looking water.

If you only have a few days in Koh Phangan and you are over drinking till you puke, I recommend just about anywhere else on the island. Koh Ma was very nice, and located near a lot of great snorkeling locations. However, if you must stay in Haad Rin, this place is nice.

Room Tip: Skip the main building and book a sea-view cabin
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Lukana S, Owner at Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Akron,

Thank you for taking the time to review my little hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay - at least when it comes to the hotel, our service and staff! We are a little boutique hotel offering exactly the kind of reprieve from "bro culture" that you speak of :)

I understand what you mean about Haad Rin in low season - however there are some incredible views, island tours and "conscious" parties that happen on a weekly basis close by. I would love to plan out an itinerary for you the next time you're here!

Thanks again for staying with us - it was our pleasure hosting you. Hope you have an amazing time on the rest of your vacation.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Location was perfect, personal was very kind and helpfull. I have been for three weeks in Thailand and this was the best place to stay. Good price and diner was so good. Perfect setting. We loved it!!!!!!!!! Many thanks!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lukana S, Owner at Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

My dear lbrinkhuizen,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the glowing review! I appreciate the time you took to tell your story. I will pass your compliments to my staff - they will be ecstatic to hear it :) It's always a pleasure to host lovely people such as yourself. Please don't be a stranger and come back for a visit to this magical island - We'll be waiting for you! Have a wonderful time on the rest of your vacation.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this property for 16 nights in a deluxe room as a solo Traveller. The room photos were exactly as advertised and I enjoyed a 270 degree view from my large corner balcony.. Unfortunately for 36 hours during my stay the main building suffered a fault with the water system/pump. Considering the high occupancy of the property I was swiftly moved to a bungalow until the issue was resolved(impressive, considering a new system would probably have to have been shipped from the main land). The free breakfasts were adequate and the restaurant menu catered to most tastes and requirements. Large and well maintained swimming pool, lush gardens and a generally well looked after property. I found the staff to be welcoming and genuine. A bonus for me is you can choose when you want your room serviced. I was quite sick for 8 days and appreciated not having to make myself scarce during service time. All in all a great place to stay and highly recommended. Not far from Haad Rin beaches and close to shopping, restaurants. I appreciate your hospitality.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Lukana S, Owner at Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

My dear Sam, My staff and I were so touched by your kind words, thank you so much for taking the time to write to us! We like to see all our lovely guests as family. It makes me so happy to hear you had a good time staying with us, despite the water issues we experienced. Please come and see us when you're on this magical island again, it would be our pleasure to host you :) Have a wonderful time on the rest of your vacation

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Very helpful and friendly staff. Very helpful when our plane got cancelled and we could move the booking. Nice pool and lounge area. The rooms were not like the pictures, very dark but still alright . Fantastic view and good breakfast!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Lukana S, Owner at Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear Emma, Thank you so much for your thoughtful review - My staff and I really appreciate hearing your honest feedback because it helps us improve. I will look into the room lighting for our guests. Hope you had a wonderful time on Koh Phangan :)

Reviewed 22 May 2017

it on top of a hill, so you have a great view!! beach is really near but you have to go down the hill and up every time you want to go to the beach, restaurant, etc.
breakfast has little choices , but the banana pancakes are delicious.
rooms are old but nice, (dont choose the cheapest one, the room is small, smelly, and the bathroom is horrible!)
towels are old and torn up, but clean.

Room Tip: dont ask for the cheapest one, its very small, has a shower without demarkable area, the other for...
Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lukana S, Owner at Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Catalina, thank you so much for staying with us and for giving us your honest opinion! Have a great holiday!