“Good But not great”

Sayang Beach Resort
Ranked #149 of 421 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We had used this restaurant many times on a previous visit and it was great. This return lunch wasn’t at the same level though and we left a bit disappointed .

We both ordered Thai salads but it was like the produce wasn’t that fresh at all. The papaya with chicken was very good but the with fruit tasted a little bit old so with so many great places on this beach we won’t be returning to this one.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

- no real help from the staff regarding my transfer to khao lak
- instead of the old tube tv: flatscreen tv mounted to the wall; you could just swap mounting position with the mirror, as currently it is hardly possible to watch tv for both guests - this way you would free the space where the old tube tv is currently located; the space could serve as a desk, add a chair and e.g. a notebook could be used there (currently there is no proper desk and chair in the bungalow)
- install power sockets next to bed and incl. power adapter
- in the bathroom, close to the sink: mount a holder for toothpaste etc.
- maybe this requires replacement of old furniture: some of it doesn't look clean really
- improve cable tv / use digital tv (at the moment, many channels can't be watched due to too much noise)
- there must be bugs in the wood between bedroom and bathroom: i heard scratching noises at night
- water pumpt next to bungalow went on and off every few seconds 24 hours a day - very annoying when you want to sleep! staff said they couldn't do anything about it

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We visited this place twice. The restaurant is located on the long beach with a stunning view on the sunset.
One can choose from a range of fresh fish and sea food. Meals are delicious and very fresh.
Unfortunately service should improve a lot. There were many waiters but completely unorganized. We were asked the same question by 4 waiters. When I ordered pot of tea I got only cup of tea but finally was charged for a pot even though I informed stuff that there was a mistake.
Pretty disturbing was also stuff itself. They tend to stare at you a lot. When you read menu they wait next to you and you start feelin some pressure. I finished my meal faster than my boyfriend. When he was still eating, a waiter came and wanted to take his plate (even though there was still a lot of food on it). On European restaurant such behaviour would be unacceptable.
Music was nice and the surrounding was charming so we decided to order some drinks which was a bit dissapoonting. The drinks were dilluted with ice and juice was of poor quality.
I consider this restaurant as very good due to fresh sea food and delicious meals, but staff should be better trained.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We experienced the beach to be clean, not crowded and a calm place to relax. We stayed at the Sayang Beach Resort (Oct 30 until Nov 4 2017) at the northern part of Long Beach where there were no people at all except from few resort guests. At least from what I saw other parts of Long Beach offer plenty of shade, too, and no one troubled the people lying there.

My recommendation for a place to have a massage at the beach would be 'Sow Massage' somewhere between the Sayang Beach Resort and the Somewhere Else Resort. I enjoyed a head/shoulder/neck/back massage for 400 Baht (1 h).

The weather was better than we expected it to be. It was mostly sunny and a bit cloudy. There was rain only one day, a shower in the morning, and then sunny again.

Try the restaurant - they offer delicious food!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Went for a dinner around 9pm, no other customers at that time.

We ordered steamed rice, seafood curry with prata , omelet and drinks. Cost 400baht.

Nice place but not happening like before. Service was good.