“Good food but need to work on customer service”
Review of Cook Kai

Cook Kai
Ranked #74 of 415 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2018

The restaurant was basically full, but I got my table quickly. Waitress had crossed out the dishes they had ran out of. After ordering I got my drinks in a minute or so and also my food came in pretty fast. Duck I ordered was good enough and I haven't had that much meat in any dish in Thailand.

The neighboring table wasn't as lucky and that created some problems for me too. Some of the people on the long table next to me couldn't get their foods for some reason even they asked for them more than twice. All the other people had eaten their food when the last one was just brought in. At some point some of them ordered second beers but no one brought the beers to them. When some of the dishes were brought the customers reminded the waitress about the beers. I think that they ordered the same four beer four times. With the last time there were three waitresses helping them but they couldn't handle the four beers. After a while they cancelled their order and had the checks come up for them quickly.

After all this saga in the next table I was able to contact one of the servers and told that I wanted a check. Between finishing my food and getting my check over 30 minutes had passed and restaurant was already half empty. Allthough the food was good the excessive waiting had left a bad taste in my mouth.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

What a mushroompasta, SO good!!! We were very happy with the food and will be back, soon :) The service was also good!

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

What a nice surprise. This is a beautiful restaurant with a lot of tables. It smells divine. I had the chicken pad thai and chicken satay. You can adjust the level of chilli spices yourself.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Went there to eat thai food. Portions made from beef didn't make us happy. Beef quality was poor.
Easy on the pocket.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Really really good Thai food (we’ve only eaten Thai so can’t speak for the burgers...) We been to different places both lunch and dinner our whole stay (5 days) and this is the restaurant we decided to visit for our last dinner. I recommend the red curry with coconut and pineapple and the pat thai. Wow wow wow