All reviews long beach swedish couple beautiful place to stay outdoor bathroom beautiful sunset loved our stay massage area beachfront bungalow sound of the waves the main road beach towels mosquito net beach side stayed here for nights air conditioning laid back low season
Reviewed 6 May 2018

We had a large comfortable air-conditioned room with a verandah.
On arrival we were welcomed by smiles all over staff. The open-air shower was located behind the room. the food served is of top quality with fresh fish served daily on bar-b-que.
the only two down points are - no TV in room (I am a news freak) and geckos abundant with noise but the birds chirp beautifully

Room Tip: hire a motor-bike if you are familiarized with riding in a near chaotic traffic
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We had a nice bungalow with AC nicely situated off the garden and a short stroll to the beach where the bar and restaurant offered great ocean views. Staff were helpful and location was decent. Beach in front is rocky but 500 meters away you can enter the ocean on sand. No pool which would have made this place rate higher for me.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

After a long travel around Thailand we were looking for relax, peace and quality at the beach...and we found it 100%

The resort is tastefully furnished, the staff is lovely and the sand of the beach is amazing, like flour

To sum up, Value for money perfect!

...I would like to take my parents here tomorrow

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2018

The good things about the resort...
Very very friendly staff, always with a smile and catered to all our needs, a suprise pancake birthday cake for my husband which was sweet. Very nice bungalows, great seaview. Transfer to hotel was arranged perfectly!
Bad things. Location is terrible...cant swim because of the rocks, thankfully we had a vespa and were able to explore the island and its beautiful beaches.
The property is a little run down..
The management was a little disinterested. We stayed for 12 days, we had booked it via agoda so we couldnt leave earlier...Breakfast options very limited...a choice of eggs and fruit. Imagine eating that for 12 days. Thankfully later down the track we were offered Thai breakfast, a rice or a soup which was average.
Upon our last day we requested a later checkout, not much to ask for after stayng 12 days at the resort. It was agreed that we would leave the room at 2.30 pm. So we were trying to enjoy our final moments on the beach when we were bombarded by phone calls from agoda that we must check out otherwise our stuff will be removed from the room. We had to explain to them that we had agreed with the management that we woud leave at 2.30. Emails started coming through with pictures of our things on our bed, they had entered our room while we were still out. Felt violated. Upon arrival at 1 pm we say 4 people standing out of our room! Doors wide open. I said to the owner that "whats going on? we had agreed 2.30." So I felt very disturbed and violated and pushed out. They said they were waiting for guests at 3.00. Understood. By the way the other option was to be able to shower in a small shower room where the shower head was above a dirty toilet. Right next to the bar! Think they have a huge property to set up a proper change room for late check outs. So we left the room at 2.00 pm. We left the property and by 3.30 no new guests had arrived. I was also asked where was the coconut oil? There was no coconut oil in the room to start with and I felt like a thief.
Very unprofessional. We ordered a lunch before leaving...was average. We wanted a water we got charged for that too 20 baht...which is 10 cents. Ive stayed in friendlier hotels.

Room Tip: all rooms are located with sea view
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VickyV073
NautilusResort, Owner at Nautilus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you for your time to put review on my property.

I'm Chaya, one of the owner.
Who you mentioned as, "The management was a little disinterested"
I was the one who u mentioned about "perfectly arranged transportation" to my resort for both of you.
Who prepared BD pancake with ice cream for your husband's BD.
Who have to got a blame from the others guests about I let you smoked in the restaurant. (Of course it was my fault cos I haven't put No Smoking sign yet but now)
Who deal with the poor and unreliable public minivan company which you have booked from outside of my resort. Even I don't have to help but I did it (for free)
By the way, That kind of transportation, at us is only ฿250. You bought more expensive from the tour agent booth who did not care at all but I do!
I always have to taking care when something went wrong because you are my hotel's guest.

Also me, who stood in front of your room with 4 staffs. We about to clean up your room because you have allowed by verbal on phone with Agoda customer service also with my husband to clean up the room for the next guests.
Yes, I was agreed to let you leave late but the thing has change because the next guest has contacted for early check in or at least check in on time (3 pm.)
(Please see his review under this review.)

Due to our check out time is at 11.00 am. as you have agree on registration form on arrival date also it shown on all booking channels we have.
If you just followed the rules all negative things won't happened.

We services everything as much as special for both of you. We said, if you would like to have Thai breakfast please let us know 1 day in advance because we need time to prepare. The other guests be able to follow but none of you.
You just shown up in the morning then ask for Thai breakfast is possible? Of cos it have to be possible for our VIP guests as you guys.

Breakfast options very limited...a choice of eggs and fruit???
Come on, we serve American Breakfast as cub of Coffee or a jar of Tea, And glass of juice.
1-2 sliced of whole wheat bread,
Your kind of eggs, (Fried, Boiled, Scramble, Porches or Omelet)
Bacon & Chicken Sausages.
1 plate of Seasoning Fruits as banana, pineapple, watermelon and dragon fruit.
Musli mix with or without fresh fruits. Cornflake, Yogurt and Milk. Also Thai breakfast or even local Thai food (order 1 day in advance)
What you expected when you are not at your own home? When you are aboard? Whatever, if you tell me in person it would be nicer. Probably I can make it for you.

Regarding location,
On high tide you can swim In front of our resort but when low tide, only 200 meter on the right side of our resort is swimming spot.

For the coconut cream,
We have to ask because it disappeared from the room and "we just ask" because we provided in every bungalows. And my staff was 100% sure that they have put in yours bungalow. Even we sure but we did not ask to open your luggages to searching for it. Still feel un-respected?

And do we will be more professional if we not charge for that bottle of mineral water at your lunch?

Finally, very glad to hear you have stay in friendlier hotel where can please and satisfy you.

Chaya

Reviewed 9 March 2018

This small resort is nicely located on a long beach in Ko Lanta. About 10 nicely built and decorated huts around a garden, with restaurant and bar near the beach. Food is good, people are nice. You can stroll on the beach, visiting nearby restaurants and bars, or walk 5 minutes to the main road and rent a moped to visit the rest of the island. I found Ko Lanta quite crowded (many resorts), but staying in Nautilus gave the impression of being in a nice quit private spot.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple