All reviews sunrise and sunset dosas south indian food tamil nadu guide
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I had booked the top suite since I wanted to see the sunrise and sunset down on Rameswaram's bay. When I arrived at the hotel, they could not find that I had booked anything. I was instead presented with a room reminiscent of a prison cell. When I insisted on getting at least one of the room at the end of the corridor (which has windows out towards the sea), the clerk went back down to the lobby and got a key to a room two doors down that was still not a room with a view.

Since I was only in Rameswaram for one night, I thought I might as well take it like a man and suffer through it. The bed was one of those thinner ones that makes you feel the wood underneath right through, but if you've backpacked India you should be used to that.

Upon check-out, all the men in the reception wanted tips. The only staff worthy of any tip at all was the two ladies who did the room cleaning. They were made to sit on the floors up in the corridors, while the male staff hung out in the comfortable couches in the lobby.

Room tip: Get a suite or go to another hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank LaduLaser
Reviewed 28 February 2017

This hotel is very near to temple. It will be very comfortable for coming and going to temple before and after holy 22 wells bath. You can enjoy good Room service. Only thing is all rooms are not with good furniture. So please see the room before check in. best option I found in Rameswaram

Room tip: Budgeted hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Choosing the Royal Suite in this hotel was the best move we made, because the town is so grubby that you need a place that you can spend some time in. We saw other rooms, which were ghastly (dirty walls, grey stained sheets, no view out etc). While the room we chose which cost double the amount, was fine really - and had interesting views across the bay. The staff were a bit lax and unsavoury, but we simply avoided them.

Room tip: Only the royal suite should be considered
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 517geoff
Reviewed 19 February 2017

My family stayed in this hotel on 15th Feb 2017.Very close to Temple entrance .Spacious and good rooms with Hot water thro out..Manager Prakash and staff Saravanan,Manimaran cooperated and helped well during the stay.
Nattukottai restaurent near this hotel is Good with Tasty Food at reasonable price.
Our request for extra Grace time was accepted without any hesitattion.We will stay in future also here.

Room tip: Rooms in first floor are good sea view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoopalachandranG
Reviewed 25 October 2016

By the time I check in the room floor is full of sand and the door mats of full dust.
After letting them know, quickly the staff came and done some cleaning but to replace the door mat there is no response, in the night when I try to wash it, it had at least 1 year of dust.... it took 3 to 4 buckets to get the entire dust off. I will give clear no no to this hotel. The hotel room boys are all requesting money for doing any simple activity. The hotel is in no parking zone, hence we definately need room boys to bring luggage, thy will be demanding money like Rs.500/- for pulling the luggage 100metres towards parking zone.

Date of stay: October 2016