See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2017

We had a stay at the room except that but we had many problems. First there is no lift available. Bathroom is very small and dirty. Not well maintained by the staffs. The staff just do their job and did not help us to solve any issues in the room. The pillow was dirty and I personally took it to the reception and got a new one. No amenities.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2014

I booked a week before 5 rooms which I regret now.
1. My room A/C did not work.
Toilet had no lock + it stinked
2. Even I changed room that room was like old haunted room. All the rooms we stayed was pretty old, unmaintained and toilet were not clean.
3. The room service guys are so pathetic. They won't ask for tip they demand for it. If you ask them to take your luggage then get ready to give them 100 rupees.
4. There is no parking

While checking out I told AC was not working but the counter guy blamed us for not informing them. But the night before when I informed he told all the rooms were booked. Overall I would never prefer this lodge.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank partheban
Reviewed 24 December 2013

For those who don't want to read the full explanation below, the suggestion is

"Never book this lodge"

The reasons are
1. No lifts / elevator
2. Very unprofessional staff
3. No service even if you booked for more than one day.
4. Poorly designed rooms specially bathrooms (they don't even know how to install the water outlet in toilet)

Here are the details.

I returned from Rameshwaram yesterday and the only reason I did not write the review just after checkin is that I didn't want to spoil my trip.

I went there after visiting Madurai and Kanyakumari and booked all the hotels (AC rooms) online. I was lucky in Madurai and Kanyakumari but trapped here in this 'Anda' lodge.

Well I booked this hotel by looking average ratings here on trip advisor. Now I know this decision was based only on couple of ratings there may be few more ratings after mine to shadow my points.

First of all, they don't care if you booked online (since they already got the money). I was surprised to see this lodge (prefer to call anda) and asked the manager is this the AC room?
He replied, "the AC is installed in the room" :)

He never thought I was talking about the quality of rooms and below points

The telephone line was not operational. I believe they did it intentionally so that nobody can call them for any service (water etc). The only option to call them is through your personal mobile since elevator was not there and nobody will prefer to go downstairs again and again.

The floor was dirty

The table was from dinosaurs ages and we were afraid of putting any edible items.

The TV was tiny (around 14 inches) with rainy noise in all the channels.

There was only one service boy who was like a businessman. He will ask for money before anything (e.g., request to handle your luggage) as if he is seller and you have to pay him first.

And the bathroom was dirty and floor was filled with water.

Apart from that, since I visited with my family and booked bigger 4 bedrooms there was only one glass for water. On asking couple of more glasses, the manager says, if you are 10 people should I give you 10 glasses?

I got the point that this is lodge and they give any room to any number of people and realized that they can give a single room to 10 people.

The only reason this 'anda' is operational is its near to temple and they got to know how to get online bookings.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank gbshukla
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I reached Rameswaram on 30th Sep 2012 and rooms were not available in any hotels/lodge near to temple. I luckily got a 3BR available in this lodge and I had to made this choice considering near to tample. Room was quite ok and clean but the bathroom was really bad... the drainage was not proper and the water was keep staying inside the bathroom. It was a bad experience even after paying 1450/- per night.
The room service was worst... no service after 8PM. I repeatedly keep calling the room service to get milk for my kid but no one turned up in the room. I went to reception area and I was told that no service after 8 PM... very strange. Anyway, I managed myself outside but still could not get hot water to wash my kid's milk bottle even outside also. When you go to any tea shop they straightaway declined to heat water even after ready to pay the money. Worst over that, they reply in Hindi that they don't know hindi but they can speak Hindi fluently if you are a customer. It was a bad experience with local people in Rameswaram.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Raj K
Reviewed 18 September 2012

When you go to Rameshwaram, more often than not, you've gone for Temple visit and Dhanushkoti. In such situation, the closure you stay to main action area is better. This hotel is at a right place from where everything is easily accessible.

Rooms are averaged sized and relatively clean. Sea view is optional, and you'd be needed to ask for a sea view room is you want. No balcony and rooms are equipped with TV and phone. The name says lodge, but it is just like any other hotel there. There is no hotel restaurant like other hotels, however, the staff can bring you food from outside street vendors and charge you a fortune for it. For example, a tea costs 7 bucks, however, the staff will bring the same tea in same paper cup and charge you 15 bucks.

I spoke with the reception guy and he arranged me the Jeep for Dhanushkoti for 1100 bucks - I guess I could have negotiated for 100 off there, but not bad overall. My one day stay here was average. AC sea view room with two double beds cost me 1800 here. Entire Rameshwaram has fish smell so you can't escape with it in your room as well - cleanliness is left wanting. Hot water was available.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family