All reviews dive master dive shop wonderful family nice pool family owned and operated island tour sea grape front office short walk main office breakfast and lunch the cottages dive package night dive ocean front hot water dive sites
Reviewed 6 September 2018

My family and I so enjoyed our week-long stay at Seagrape Plantation in 2016 that we decided to spend a week at Seagrape against this year. Once again, we weren't disappointed. Seagrape offers some of the best diving in the Caribbean (the world?) at sites that are never more than just a few minutes' boat ride from the Seagrape pier. Seagrape's dive masters (especially Hugo and Ricky) are superb divers with an intimate knowledge of the many dive locations. They'll help you find creatures and fish that you might have overlook by yourself. They emphasize safety, especially on your first dives, and then as they learn your diving skills and comfort level, can tailor dives to your ability. The dives range from deep wreck dives to shallow reef dives, and all of them are excellent. In addition to the 30+ dives that I've done with Seagrape, I earned my PADI Advanced OW and Nitrox certifications with Ricky, who is an excellent instructor. The dive center also offers Nitrox tanks, if you're interested.

My family and I stayed in the cabinas by the pool. They're adequately large and clean, and of course are just a stone's throw from the dive center and dining area. The rooms are comfortable with AC and a ceiling fan. The breakfast and lunch (included in the package fee) are excellent, including lovely Honduran meals for lunch and a cooked breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful.

A great feature of Seagrape is the fact that it is run by members of an extended family. As a result, they all take real pride in the cleanliness and overall quality of the resort: it's their long-term business, not a summer job. In particular, the dive masters are Hondurans who have grown up on Roatan and know the reef as only natives can. At all the other dive shops in Roatan, I noticed only foreigners acting as dive masters. I really enjoyed supporting local dive masters as well as benefiting from their many years of experience on the reef. They care deeply about the cleanliness of the reef and ensuring that diving does not pollute or damage the reef. The reef is their home, not merely a tourist opportunity. Their love for the reef shows in how they treat it and how they lead their dives.

Mariela in the front office is responsive via email and attentive during your stay. She will arrange a free transport to/from the airport.

The location of Seagrape is super. It's tucked away in a quiet residential area on the water just a few minutes' walk from the main tourist area. While you're sitting in the hammock on your cabina's porch, you'll hear only the ocean waves; yet, after only five minutes of walking, you'll be at Sundowner's bar on the main beach or at one of dozens of restaurants for dinner.

Seagrape does not have a beach front. The resort is on the water's edge, but the coast at this point is the rocky remnant of an old reef (which is pretty cool). There is a nice pool that makes for a lovely location for a post-dive beer in the afternoons.

For me, the great attraction to Seagrape is the high-quality diving (three one-tank dives per day: 8:30, 10:30, and 2:00), the clean cabinas, the proximity to the town, the quiet of the location, and the family-run charm of the staff. if you're not a diver, you might want to look elsewhere, as diving is really what the resort is about. If you are a diver, look no further for great dive/accommodation packages in Roatan.

Even though already I've been twice, I'll likely go again!

Room tip: Ask for a cabina near the pool.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mariela W, Front Office Manager at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Guest!
Thank you so much for such a great review. We are very pleased to see that once more you enyoyed our accommodation,
dive shop, restaurant etc. I will be sure to share this feedback with the team!!

We will be looking forward to your next visit!
Best wishes!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

It was a great experience from the beginning. The staff is very friendly and they even help you organising your visits to other places. My son and I loved the place, very clean, nice views and so close to the beach that we walked even at night. The surroundings are very secure and people are so nice in that place. Food was also very good!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Thank Francia Michell... Q
Mariela W, Front Office Manager at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Guest!

Thank you for the feedback about our hotel and staff! we look forward to
welcoming you back to Seagrape in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This is the first time my husband and I stayed here but it won’t be the last. While we have known the owners and staff for several years we have always stayed somewhere else, we’ll all that changes now! We stayed in one of the ocean view bungalows and it was great. We did the eat, dive, sleep package and what a tremendous value. It include breakfast and lunch daily plus you pick you number of dives. The bungalow was clean, tidy, and with the hammock on the front porch there were almost fights between my husband and I about who got the hammock. The pool was wonderful and refreshing and despite my desire to get into the ocean in front of the resort it just didn’t happen...well, at least not from the ladder. I highly recommend this extremely personable resort...everyone becomes like family.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest!

Glad to read Seagrape was of your liking, we are happy to know that this will not be the
last time we will be welcoming you back to Seagrape and we do look forward to seeing you
and your husband soon!
I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team!

Thank you!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

You can read some of my past reviews for some more specific items. We have been visiting Roatan for many years now. The best decision we ever made was to trade in the larger resorts and give Seagrape a try. We have been coming back to stay there ever since. You are in a perfect location to Wed End (walking distance). Everyone there is family and treats you as a family as well. The restaurant was added a couple of years ago and is amazing for breakfast and lunch. Perfect for those diving who need a bite before and after your dives. The dive shop is awesome! This time we dove with Hugo. He did a great job and highly recommend him or Ricky Jr. to anyone no matter what your skill set is. They also recently added a spa. My fiancée and I were celebrating our engagement this trip and they set us up with massages under the thatch roof top down next to the water. The massages were outstanding. Only issue was a little confusion on the cost of a couples massage, but it was worth any price. This is not a fancy resort, so if that is what you are looking for, you may want to look elsewhere. If you are a diver and want a great, clean place to stay...this is for you.

Room tip: Spend a little extra and stay in a bungalow.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest!

Thank you for continuing choosing Seagrape for your vacation place on Roatan! We
look forward to welcoming you, your fiancee and your friends again and again.

Best Wishes!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Stayed in one the ocean front bungalows. We were there to dive dive and dive some more and so we did. Accommodations, and dive shop gave us what we were looking for and then some. The location is fabulous for several reasons, diving to the right and left of inlet, far enough to be quiet from town yet close enough to be right in the action\shops and restaurants of town, walkable distance daily, 5 min. Oceanfront with an opportunity every evening for the sunset weather/clouds permitting. I personally like to support family/individually owned business and have a preference for smaller crowds so don’t think I could of found a better match for what I was looking for.

Every single person I came across that worked at Seagrape, thank you, I appreciate your friendly sincere service that helped make my son and i’s trip/experience a lifetime/life changing experience and memory.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 1l2b

Dear Guest!

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we are happy to know that you and your son
were very please with our services! We look foward to welcoming you back sometime in
the near future!!