“Best Dive Shop in Roatan”

Island Diving Center
Ranked #8 of 34 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Roatan's premier diving center and scuba school for divers of all ages. We are a full service PADI dive center located on the white sand beach of Half Moon Bay in the West End area of Roatan, Honduras. We teach all PADI courses and conduct dive excursions to the over 40 most popular dive sites along Roatan's reef. We keep our class and dive excursion sizes small for personalized service. Courses starting daily. Professional and friendly diving at its best!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We were looking for a place to be PADI Open Water Certified, and researched several dive shops in West End and West Bay. Enomis Divers was prompt in their email response to our query, and one of the most reasonably priced shops. After inspecting several shops in person, we knew Enomis was the right choice. The equipment was in excellent condition, their customer service was unmatched, and most of all they made sure it was fun! Lee and Anita were a pleasure to deal with and always willing to arrange the dives to fit our schedule, and Anna was simply THE BEST instructor we could have asked for. The dive groups were always small -- usually just us and the instructor! We ended up diving for our whole stay and working through becoming Advanced Open Water divers.

Everyone in the shop always has a smile on their face and are willing to help you with your dives whether you're a divemaster, or never dived before. Do yourself a favor and check them out in West End (next to Besos restaurant).

There are newer reviews for Island Diving Center

Reviewed 4 December 2011

After one dive with another west end dive shop and using such poorly maintained equipment, we fortunately found Enomis Divers. Their equipment room was immaculate and all gear in great condition. Met dive master Lee and wife Anita and they provided the best customer service. Each dive was fully customized based on our interest. We would only dive Roatan again if it was with Lee at Enomis! they just need to change their dive shop name to something more relatable!

1  Thank free_at_last
Reviewed 28 October 2011

This is a great shop. They are kind, patient and competent with new equipment that is well cared for. They take very small groups and carefully train people before going out. We had never gone diving before this but we had such a great time, we are bringing other family members here and plan to return every year! Great shop. Couldn't recommend any more than this.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

What a great expierience diving with Enomis Divers! Lee takes you to great spots and all the while his #1 concern is your safety! He is a great guide and the staff are very professional at what they do! I can't wait to go back and enjoy another adventure with him again!!

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Fantastic! They call it “Valet Diving’, but that is an understatement. It is more like “Concierge Diving”, delivering the complete dive experience from ship to shore!

I visited Roatan a few weeks ago by cruise ship and had wanted to experience the fabulous diving that the island is known for. I spent a few hours looking on the internet for various dive operations that could work with the "limited" port hours we had in Roatan. My main interest was UW photography and I wanted to ensure that I would not be rushed during my dive. A few of the island shops could work with it, but the best all-around fit I could find was with Lee at Enomis Divers. The package included everything, 2 dives, equipment, and transportation, and was extremely reasonable.

The concierge service began with the personal transportation from Channin, who met me at the terminal gate and whisked me away to Enomis Divers at West End, where some of the best diving is literally just a few hundred yards offshore. (We were there less than 30 minutes after I set foot on land). Once there, I met the owners of Enomis, Lee and Anita Snijders. Lee and Anita were engaging hosts and we quickly set about filling in the required paperwork and getting our equipment set up.

Due to the off season (not even the cruise ship was full), I was the only diver scheduled that morning. I feel that other dive shops would have sent the dreaded “Sorry, but we can’t honor your request…” email a few days before the cruise. But Lee was more than willing to create a unique experience for me on my first trip to Roatan.

Instead of a larger dive boat, we loaded our gear into a smaller panga (20’) and set out for the reef, reaching it in less than 5 minutes. Gear on and over the side we went. Visibility was good and the overall health and vitality of the reef was stunning. I have done many dive sites in the Caribbean and Pacific, and have rarely seen such a complete ecosystem. It seemed that there were wrasse cleaning stations everywhere. I had unbelievable photo opportunities with turtles, lionfish, giant sea fans, enormous sponges, and some fantastic swim-throughs. Best of all, everything was at my pace, no rush, making the tank last as long as I could.

Lee and I got two 1+ hour dives in, and I was back at the cruise ship with an hour to spare, sipping adult beverages with the wife at a portside bar. Great people, great diving, great time!

2  Thank larlon