Coconut Tree West Bay Roatan
Mr. Tucan Hotel(West End)(Great Value!)
US$90
Posada Arco Iris(West End)(Great Value!)
US$79
Splash Inn Dive Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$85
Cocolobo(West End)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments(West End)(Great Value!)
US$56
Hostelworld.com
Blue Waters Hotel and Apartments(West End)(Great Value!)
US$63
Lands End(West End)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$56
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Sueno Del Mar Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$58
Agoda.com
The Beach House(West End)
US$179
US$173
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfull size fridgebest bang for your bucktv cablenice hammockboat trafficglass bottom boathot waterwest baypool deckstar resortgrocery storehalf moon bay beachsand fliesair conditioningwater taximinute walkrolando
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped in Coconut Tree Hotel while walking along West Bay Beach for a massage . My wife and I have had massages on several previous trips and also have a massage membership at a major US chain . We get weekly massages thru our membership . We decided , while on vacation to give “ Ms. Melody “ a try and we were blown away at how thorough and relaxing her session was . We have never before had such an “ incredible “ massage at such an inexpensive price. During the entire massage we were both “ speechless “ like being in a trans because the experience was so enjoyable . We went back the next day for a second message and she did not disappoint . If you ever have a massage by “ Ms. Melody “ while in West Bay Honduras- I will assure you there will be no regrets !!!!! We will see you next year “ Ms. Melody”

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jhighoo11
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stayed for 10d at the end of December 2017.

The Good: Huge balcony with hammock, patio at the end of an elevated walkway that over looks the beach, the patio is above a small bar so there's music until the early evening, employee (Johnny) who provided free shuttle to and from West End.

The Not So Good: No airport pickup, beach vendors and their friends hung out on the steps to the pool & deck and on the path to the beach, no silverware and empty propane tank.

Staff came and apologized for not picking us up saying he was there but we already left. Not sure I believe that since we waited a while. They did provide transportation back. Johnny drove us to the grocery store since we were in a taxi and didn't get the chance to stop on the way.He charged $30 for the trip but we needed groceries, the restaurants are not cheap. Then there was no silverware, dish soap or gas to cook with. They brought a new propane tank later that day. We also had to ask for a table and chairs. The groundskeeper regularly asked the people to not sit on the pool steps or on the deck, but it was usually ineffective. It made the front part of the pool uncomfortable since the deck is small, the lounge chair is pretty much right next to them & I felt like I was intruding. The front part of the pool is by the beach where the best view is.

Other reviews said the swimming and snorkeling were good right on the beach. There was a lot of boat traffic, water taxis beached waiting for customers when we were there. Vendors cut through the property and entered the beach right there too. I walked to another spot down the beach for swimming, snorkeling and sitting on the beach.

Room Tip: Cabin 6 in West Bay has a great view and deck
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2018

During my trip to Roatan, stayed at both Cocunut Tree properties at West Bay and West End.
The West Bay property is more spacious. On check-in i was put up in the family room for the first night, then moved to a regular cabin. The property is at one end of West End. A minute away from the beautiful beach.
As compared to other properties there, Coconut Tree was definitely great value for money.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Coconut Tree West Bay

My girlfriend and I booked this quaint little resort in West Bay Roatan for its location and reasonable price. I had confirmed with them via email for an airport pick up when we arrived. We waited for 30 minutes to no avail so opted for another taxi. When we got to the resort we were told we had booked Coconut Tree West End. When I showed Raymond and Tousie the confirmation, they apologized, comped our taxi and upgraded my friend and I to a larger room. From that minute I knew that this was a great place to stay! I loved the quirkiness of the cabins with the quartz stone work inlaid with conch shells. The inside was a nice mahogany wood ceiling with great air conditioning. We didn't use the air con except to cool it down for an hour or two before bed. The three fans in the room kept it cool. Mike the bartender is a hoot...he also makes a fabulous mojito! Vincent Bush the owner of the resort is so nice and friendly ensuring your are enjoying your stay and he loves to generally chit chat. The location of this resort is at the other end of West Bay but it is only a 10 minute walk to the point where you can easily get to the channels to swim the reef. Absolutely stunning. Please wear organic sunscreen as the others kill the reef and you can already see much dead coral in the shallows. The whole west Bay Area is filled with restaurants and bars so there is enough to keep you entertained. As the sand flies were quite bad, use baby oil as they slide and can't bite.

Coconut Tree is not a fancy 5 star resort but is clean, comfortable and functional. We love you and miss you Vincent, Tousie and Mike! Thank you for making our short stay with you memorable! Kaayla and Rita.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kaayla F
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Well I went back to Coconut Tree WEST END not West Bay because the owner Vincent Bush has cabins at both locations and the photo above shows the West End location. West end has more activity and things to do than West Bay. Both have beautiful beaches. You can take a water taxi for about $3.00 to go from one to the other since they are next to each other. Having gone to the West End location many times it is always a pleasure to return to my favourite 'home away from home' The cabins are huge with a cathedral ceiling many equipped with a kitchen two double king size beds, TV cable A/C,hot water and a nice hammock on the veranda where you can lie down and see the beach area. Coconut Tree has scuba diving too and you can get a package deal for the cabin and diving.The office manager Rolando speaks both Spanish and English very well and is a great host looking after your very need. and any information you want. Next to the office they have a store selling groceries and you will be served by beautiful Abby. There is also their restaurant up above the office which shows There is deep sea fishing which is great and snorkeling in the clear bay just in front of the cabins on the left side of Half Moon Bay which is part of West End You see beautiful coloured fish sea turtles and other marine life Most of the people here speak English are polite and friendly There is no crime committed here that I am aware of and is not dangerous. You can walk down the main street along the beach in a swim suit sucking on a cold beer and the police will smile If you go say hello to Rolando and Abby for me. You will not be disappointed and will probably return again and again like I do Truly a 'home away from home' To see the beautiful beach and west End go on line and punch in 'Video of Half Moon Bay beach West End Roatan Honduras" Bon voyage!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo