All reviews blue door jesse james every morning west end oceanfront bungalow spooky channel the main house private pier freshly caught fish paddle boards and kayaks short swim honduran breakfast beach front sandy bay area boutique resort stayed nights mango trees
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at Puerta Azul. Talia was totally accommodating. Her lovely parents were visiting her at the time. One evening my husband and I headed back to our room at Puerta Azul. We had a few drinks that evening and I had a headache. We went to the main room where Talia was having dinner with Antonio, (great host also) and her parents. She left her party to make fresh coffee for me hoping it would help my headache (it did). The rooms are very clean and we received outstanding service. My husband requested pancakes and Talia went out of her way to make them. Beautiful place.

Reviewed 15 March 2021 via mobile

Puerta Azul is the best place to get away and escape. Talia - the owner- is wonderful! She cooks amazing breakfasts every morning, and can make the best recommendations for restaurants and activities. The landscaped gardens are GORGEOUS and there were eagle ray just off the dock of her property! It was a perfect week to do yoga, relax, and swim in turquoise blue waters. I can't wait to go back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank justinemarie2017
Reviewed 13 March 2021 via mobile

I got to stay at Puerta Azul for a few nights and my experience was nothing short of amazing. The inn is hidden on the beach, surrounded by lush gardens that were beautifully manicured. The owner Talia was so friendly and helpful, and she served up a delicious breakfast- my favorite was her Baleada! My bungalow was BEAUTIFUL, clean, and even had fresh cut flowers from the garden. I also appreciated the pitcher of drinking water that was replenished each day. Wood slat windows can be opened to let in a fresh island breeze- and they’re screened-in, so no bugs! I also took her boat tour to Cayos Cochinos which was an unforgettable experience. I highly recommend the trip to see the picturesque white sand islands that dot crystal blue waters, pristine snorkeling, and a chance to learn about the Garifuna people. I can’t recommend Puerta Azul enough- the perfect place to explore Roatan!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

Oh wao ... don’t even know where to begin.
Everything was attended to the detail by the owner. She made us feel super welcome. She lives there which gives a very personal touch . She prepares the breakfast for you , making you feel like you belong . The pictures are short to what you will get . She made our arrangements for testing so easy !!!!!! My boyfriend went fishing and then she prepared the fishes for lunch for us ... definitely coming back !!!
I considere the spot a perfect spot for relaxation , some romance , reconnecting...

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

After being greeted upon arrival by Augusta the manager, I immediately felt a sense of being in a special place. I don’t rely much on such things, but this place has an incredible energy about it that cannot be denied. Visually, it gives you impressions of Thailand, Hawaii and the Caribbean all mixed perfectly. Thalia, the owner is the most gracious and considerate hostess. They don’t miss details around here but in the unlikely event that you feel something was missed, you can easily find Thalia and/or Augusta about or give a call with the numbers of both the owner and manager provided at check-in.
I knew within 5 minutes of check-in that I had picked and awesome place that I plan to return to again and again! You will too!

Date of stay: February 2021