All reviews sunken fish king crab yoga studio west end dive center eagle ray hummingbird room carambola gardens laid back sea life lion fish the entire staff boat captain coxen hole other resorts bug spray frog
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2020

First and foremost - I love Roatan!!! This was my 2nd visit to the island - first with Tranquilseas. I traveled solo this go around and never once did I feel unsafe or not secure. It has been a long road as my initial trip was schedule at end of April 2020 and of course COVID happened - FINALLY was able to go 22 AUG 2020 - one of the first tourists during Covid. Tranquilseas treated me like royalty and made sure that I was not only having an amazing experience but that everything and everyone was safe as well. Biosecurity procedures were followed and were well above standard. I stayed in the King Crab room - incredible ocean views and peaceful relaxing time. The staff is nothing short of exceptional - David & Vanessa took great care of me in the restaurant - Laurie and Estallin made it possible for me to be there and made sure I was happy at all times. AND the Chef - OMG the Chef made the most incredible food. I think I gained 10lbs that week. Being that I have stayed here and at AKR previously - I have to say that Tranquilseas will forever be my home in Roatan when I travel. Not to take anything away from AKR - they are amazing too - but Tranquilseas has my heart :)

Now - Diving!!!!! AMAZING - Sea Divers Roatan are extraordinary!!! Amanda, Sam, Joseph and Dennis all made me feel like true family and I will forever have friendships with them. Safety is key to them and they ensure safety measures are followed. Joseph instructed me to my Advanced Diver Certification beautifully. And the dives we had were so beautiful and clear - Joseph is so observant and finds sea life EVERYWHERE to make sure you see it and understand it. Joseph also challenged me in my dives and made me a better diver. Sam took great care of me as the Boat Captain (Dennis as well) - even went out of his way to catch Lion Fish so the Chef could prepare it for me - OVER AND ABOVE!!! Other divers that joined us on a few dives were great and was even able to capture on video one diver spearing her first Lion Fish.

Bottom line, there is not enough I could say in favor of the resort and dive center. They have a forever fan in me and until I have my own place in Roatan one day, they have a loyal customer and will remain in my heart always!!!

Room tip: Many of the rooms have beautiful ocean view - but all are extremely nice, clean. King Crab is beyond! Great for honeymooners & romance
Date of stay: August 2020
Pavel Smítal, Vlastník at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2020

Dear Julia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for such lovely words. The feedback is important to us.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your vacation with us. The staff is always excited to interact and satisfy every guest, especially our chef. Also, appreciate that you chose Tranquilseas to stay with and will be more than happy to welcome you in the future again. It was a pleasure having you while you were visiting your favorite Roatan island. Hope to see you soon!

We wish you all the best.

Kind regards,

Tranquilseas and Sea Divers team

Reviewed 8 April 2020

5 star accommodations and relaxation in Roatan. Location, room, staff, and food all five stars! Whether your visiting for diving, family adventures or romantic couple getaway, I highly recommend for your next trip to Roatan, Honduras.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Cstramara
Pavel Smítal, Vlastník at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2020

Thank you for your feedback. Every review like this gives us more energy to continue in our work and be better and better. Tranquilseas Resort is our second home, and we want our guests to feel the same. Tropical regards, Pavel

Reviewed 11 March 2020

We stayed at the Humming Bird room with sea view. The room , tastefully decorated, ist surrended by nature,has a terrase with two deck chairs and hamock. The staff is very profesional,helpful and very, very friendly ! The food at the restaurant ist delicious.It was very enjoyable to eat there and watch the lovely sea view.Breakfast is great with many options.It is closed to Carambola Garden and Anthony ´s Key. West End ist just a few kms away . You can get a taxi or stop a local bus at the main road (it also goes to Coxen Hole).

Date of stay: January 2020
Pavel Smítal, Vlastník at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Dear Carla, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you took the time to write this review. We keep trying to improve our services for you. Tropical regards, Pavel

Reviewed 4 March 2020 via mobile

We spent 10 days here with a focus on diving and being in a tranquil location. The entire stay was fantastic. Every individual on the staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. The restaurant is good and the dive center convenient with great service (look up reviews for Sea Divers). The rooms all vary a bit, with many being fairly small (we were in Tortuga), with a bed, nightstands, but no chair inside. There are great outdoor lounging spaces including a hammock on your porch, plus a cozy loft above the restaurant with comfy chairs (ladder access), and an open air but covered high patio (stair access) used for once-daily yoga classes but otherwise free to use (with 3 hammocks), also swings on the dock and by the pool, and lounge chairs poolside and in front of the “beach” (if you want a big beach, this is not the place). Each room has a purified water dispenser that has an integrated “fridge” that is pretty small, suitable for some beverage cans. However when we asked about fridge space they brought a mini fridge to our room (useful since we had a long stay)! (They also said that if a person needed to put more stuff in a fridge they could figure out something additional, maybe in the restaurant, just super obliging and helpful). It was super quiet at night, no noise issues at all. There is live music two nights a week that stops at 9 pm. Music was tasteful and not blaring loud. The Carambola Gardens are a 15 minute walk away, along the beach and just up the hill. (Great hiking paths up to a high viewpoint, and interpretive signs for plants.) It is super easy to get around the island by taxi and public transport (vans). The office can arrange it for you, or in daytime just walk out to the road and catch one. Overall the best thing was just how genuinely *nice* everyone was, which really stood out for us. All the staff and owner seemed really happy to make our stay go well.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pavel Smítal, Vlastník at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Wow, this makes us very happy. As Tranquilseas owners, we are overjoyed to read reviews like this. Tropical regards, Karolina and Pavel

Reviewed 2 March 2020

We stayed at Tranquilseas for eight nights while on a family diving trip (our kids are 8 and 11), it was our second time at the resort. We love the small size and location on Sandy Bay. The public areas of the resort are lovely, and we enjoyed all of our meals in the onsite restaurant, and the staff is friendly and dedicated. The adjacent beach is clean and relaxing to stroll along, and the sunsets from the swings on the dock are memorable.

Room tip: We stayed in Octupus, which was bigger than we needed but had a central location and large patio.
Date of stay: February 2020
Pavel Smítal, Vlastník at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Dear Rachel, thank you for your feedback. Every review like this gives us more energy to continue in our work and be better and better. Tranquilseas Resort is our second home, and we want our guests to feel the same. Tropical regards, Pavel