All reviews sunken fish king crab yoga studio west end dive center eagle ray hummingbird room carambola gardens laid back sea life lion fish the entire staff boat captain coxen hole other resorts bug spray frog
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I spent one week at the resort and loved everything about it. Beautiful comfortable room, beautiful location, staff were all friendly and personable all making an extra effort to make sure our stay was perfect.
The restaurant is excellent, I especially liked the sea food dishes.
A special thanks to Herman, Carlos and Julie at the restaurant, for the excellent, professional, friendly and personal service. You guys made my stay perfect. And to Isabella for attending to all our needs and requested.
The
Although weather was not the best I did get to go diving on 4 days. I was extremely happy with the dive operator at the resort. Everyone was professional and friendly. In spite of not having the best visiblity we still saw plenty of marine life thanks to Jose the dive master who did a great job leading the dives. They operate smaller size boats taking out small groups which made the experience so much better.
Excellent experience and I will be back

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank IK146
Reviewed 4 October 2017

My husband and I stayed in the hummingbird for a 1 week vacation. I chose hummingbird because of the cute little private deck it has but all of the rooms looked nice, and most had an oceanfront view. The bathroom was lovely--I love the open shower with stone floors. The bed was super comfortable with soft linen, lots of fluffy pillows and comfortable blankets. Our room was cleaned and turned over almost every day and it was always nicely done. The food and drinks at the hotel are very good and their staff is even better. I tried all of the fruity mojitos (cantaloupe was my fav) and we got through a good amount of the food on the menu--everything was great but favorites include the chicken melt, the seafood salad, the fries, sopa marinara just to name a few. The real prize at tranquil seas though is the staff. Everybody was so nice and welcoming from the time we were picked up at the airport to the time we checked out. Isabella makes sure that you are happy with everything from the room to the food and goes out of her way to help you plans excursions, etc. The wait staff/bartenders including Edgardo (Herman!), Jhonan, and Julie were outstanding. They are all so nice and fun to hang out with, I can't speak highly enough of them. The pool is great. The view is great. The dive shop is on premise but owned by Amanda, who is super sweet and accommodating. We did 10 dives each for a total of five days. There were different dive masters mosI'm t of the time except for Josue, who we dove with a couple of times. They were all fabulous. We saw lots of sea creatures and beautiful reefs. Would definitely recommend this place and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
tranquilroatan, Front Office Manager at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hi!

Thanks for your kind review, we loved having you guys here it was so fun to be part of your vacation. It was a pleasure helping you arrange the activities and will be more than glad to do it all over again.

We truly appreciate taking your time for everyone to see the review.

We would like to see you again on this sunny island please keep in mind we apply the 15% discount for returned guests. We would make your vacations as memorable as the first one.

Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Not sure what else I can say that hasn't already been said, but at least this will keep it refreshed! My husband and I just spent a week at TranquilSeas, and couldn't have been happier. We stayed in the Tree Frog cabana, which had a beautiful view from the deck, and was quiet since it was slightly farther from the pool area and restaurant. This is a very relaxing place to stay, and different from a larger hotel / all-inclusive type property - which is exactly what we wanted. That being said, all the amenities are there at your fingertips. And Isabella, the Reservations Manager, starts the experience with prompt and friendly booking help, and support while you are there to assist in anything you need.

The lodge has a restaurant right on the property, which is open basically all day and evening. We purchased the all-inclusive option, which covered all the food and drinks that we desired (except hard liquor) for a really reasonable cost per day. The staff in the restaurant really help make the experience. Julie in the mornings to greet you, Herman, Jonah and Jorge in the afternoons and evenings... They all know you by name and you are an immediate friend.The menu is good, and the food is tasty! Be sure to try the Monkey La-La drink if you have a sweet tooth.

The dive shop is also located right on property, which makes diving super-convenient. Amanda at the dive shop is wonderful, and can point you to which dives are exactly right for you, and the three divemasters we had were all excellent. When you arrive for your first dive, you get a locker for your gear that you use for your entire stay, so you never have to haul gear back and forth to your room. In fact, once you sign up for a dive, the dive shop makes sure your gear is already on the boat and set up for you before you get there. All you have to do when you leave your cabin is walk down the dock to the boat, and get on. This was the most convenient diving I have ever done, and as an older woman I really appreciated this luxury.

If you are thinking about booking in Roatan, I'd whole-heartedly recommend TranquilSeas. Book, and have no worries - you'll love it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank copperrosemaiden
tranquilroatan, Front Office Manager at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Hello from a very sunny Roatan!

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here for everyone to read!!

Making relaxing easier is our everyday commitment, we are glad that you had a good experience with us and we are happy we were able to be part of it!

Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us and remember there is a 15% discount on your next vacation with us.

Have a great day and see you soon!

Isabella
Reservations Manager.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Two friends and I spent a blissful week at Tranquilseas in the spacious Octopus cabana. Our stay began with a warm greeting from Kimberley, who provided transfer from the airport to the hotel offering lots of great tips for activities and places to dine, along with colorful insights about life on Roatan. The hotel is meticulously maintained by a friendly and helpful staff. The air conditioning in our room functioned perfectly, offering us a cool respite from the heat and humidity outdoors when needed. Several drying racks were provided to ensure that we had plenty of space to dry our bathing suits, beach towels and diving gear between dips in the pool and ocean.

The onsite restaurant and bar was very good, offering solid options for a bite to eat or drink to sip on while taking in the stunning ocean view. Our room rate included breakfast, and the selections were delicious (I recommend the baleadas or the coconut French toast).

Julie in the restaurant and Isabella in the front office were especially attentive in helping arrange excursions or making sure our needs were otherwise met, but all the staff was very professional and pleasant. The wifi was a bit spotty at times, but it wasn't a major inconvenience since my purpose was to relax and unwind. Sea Divers, the onsite dive shop, is under separate ownership but also provides excellent service. They cater to divers of all abilities as well as snorkelers. I highly recommend their services.

Located in Sandy Bay, Tranquilseas is a short cab ride from West End and West Bay, which means it offers the best of both worlds -- a quiet and peaceful retreat with easy access to busier beaches and nightlife if you crave it.

1  Thank 944brandyea
tranquilroatan, Front Office Manager at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review, we are happy to know you enjoyed your vacation and that we were able to be a part of it, we will be more than happy to have you as many times as you want and we will try to make it as memorable as the first one.

Please keep in mind for returned guests we apply 15% discount.

Hope to see you soon!

Thanks and Regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2017

My friends and I stayed at Tranquilseas in September for a week and had a lovely experience. Our rooms were clean, large, and well-air-conditioned (very nice in the hot, humid weather!), and they included valuable little details like three drying racks on our little patio for our damp swimsuits and beach towels. We saw a gorgeous view of the sea every time we stepped outside our door to visit the on-site restaurant. The people who staffed the lodge were friendly and welcoming, and always helped us plan out any island adventure or saw to any of our needs. With such a small resort, they really gave us personal attention - Julie, who ran the restaurant in the morning, even knew our morning breakfast routine by the end of the trip (loads of coffee first before anyone even mutters about food)! We really felt well-cared for here.
This is a great spot for divers, too - the lodge is home to a dive shop called Sea Divers, which offers three daily dives and occasional night dives.
A pro or a con, depending on personality type: Tranquilseas is located in Sandy Bay, which is a short drive (5-10 minutes) from the bustling little tourist area of West End. That means you definitely get a quiet, peaceful experience (I slept so well!), but you'll need to flag a taxi if you're looking for an exciting night on the town.
Also, the lodge offers wi-fi, but occasionally it proved unreliable.
Overall, though, a truly great find!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lanahs
tranquilroatan, Front Office Manager at Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Please keep in mind for returned guests we apply 15% discount.

Hope to see you soon!