“Food decent, no people/atmosphere ”

Blue Parrot Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Sandy Bay
Cuisines: Asian, Jamaican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I’d looked up prior reviews here for the restaurant and noted a mixed bag, mainly about odd/empty atmosphere now but usually good food. This trend seems to continue. I had wandered past earlier and thought closed, but popping in a little later it was open but empty and quite dark. Food-wise out of jerk chicken but shrimp quesadillas nicely done ($10). Both staff quite friendly.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2017

This is a worn down roadside spot and we didn't know what to expect. The fried fish was the best fried fish we had on the island (we had it several times over the week); the batter was crispy and the fish moist and flaky. The chicken curry was tasty and made to order.

The staff was lovely and attentive. Not a spot to visit if in a rush.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Super friendly local place. Delicious coconut shrimp & perfectly spicy jerk chicken, plantains, and chicken fingers for the kids.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Jerk Chicken with rice and Beene was great, delicious! So good we went back for a second meal, will go again. It's a good local experience. Staff were friendly, the beer was icy cold.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 4 November 2016

What can I say! Nice dinner by the beach, who wants that RIGHT? The options for wine, sprits and beer is phenomenal. The selection of food is to die for. After eating they had live music and people got up and dance. That was so fun because I can't dance but when you are having fun, ummm who cares. In my book I give this a two thumbs up and I will definitely recommend this to everyone

Date of visit: April 2016