See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 February 2017

We just spent a month at Captain Ron's Hideaway and enjoyed it very much. Our apartment was very comfortable and had everything we needed. It was very clean and bright and right on the beach. It was so nice to go to sleep hearing the waves a beautiful peaceful place. There was a dock where we had happy hour at five o'clock and we watched the beautiful sunsets. Ron and Carol are fantastic people I feel that I have became good friends with them. They do everything possible to make sure you have a memorable holiday. The only draw back I could say there is the turtle grass but if you can get over it and I did there is a fantastic reef not too far away. The rent is very reasonable and I will be going back miss you guys see you next year.

Room tip: It is very quiet here and you have a beautiful view of the oceon
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank phollida1
Reviewed 10 March 2016

This was our first trip to Roatan and won't be our last. The hospitality Ron and Carol gave to us was totally outstanding. We have never received anything like this before in all of our travels. They introduced us to their local friends which are all the very best. The 1 bedroom apartment was comfortable had all the amenities we needed. Carol had everything spotless. The view was gorgeous to get up in the morning and sit on the screened in patio and look out to the sea was so relaxing and enjoyable. The beach was awesome, walking distance to Blue Island Divers for scuba and snorkeling which you could do right in front of the apartment. Ron has kayak's available also for your use. The location was perfect we liked the quietness. We will be back for sure.

Room tip: both apartments have great views
Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank Cynthia R
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Just not what expected based on few photos on website. They have added a 3' cement wall around the apartments which are built out under their home. Where the open patio was in pics is now enclosed behind wall and screen. There is the beach you can sit at beyond the wall, but can't see view from inside. View out kitchen is obstructed by chain link fence. I share this just so others aren't surprised by difference from website photo. They are working to complete remodel and due to this we didn't feel like they were quite ready for us. Lovely very long dock with seats at end that guests can enjoy. If you want to feel like you are living in Sandy Bay this is good taste.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2015

We have stayed at West End Beach, so this time we wanted a bit more quiet, space, and a feel for the "old island style". We love feeling as though we discovered a bit of hidden paradise, and this place has just that. Still conveniently located to all the amenities we needed.
As advertised, Ron met us at the airport, took us shopping at Eldon's grocery, helped us get settled in, and offered to show us around. The hospitality and help getting orientated was a bonus you rarely get at other properties.
The location makes exploring the island a breeze. Eldon's grocery is 5 minutes drive or taxi. West End is 10 minutes, West Bay 15 minutes.
Carol is a great hostess, making sure we never lacked for anything. We asked in advance of our stay if they had a dartboard, and we were thrilled to see a new horsehair board ready for us to play. I know not everyone plays darts, but it is our hobby and we loved playing on the beachside porch each night. Great quality TV with loads of cable stations. We travel with our own HDMI cable so we can watch our own movie collection, and the new TV has a HDMI connection. The kitchen is well equipped, bathroom is clean and well appointed. Bed linens are 100% cotton of good quality.
A new second bathroom is under construction and will be a great addition to the 2 bedroom unit when completed. The one bedroom unit has new tile floor throughout the unit.
Ron and Carol have many expat friends on the island, and they will invite you along if they are entertaining. We enjoyed fantastic dinners at Tong's Thai in West End, Bananarama in West Bay, and the Blue Parrot nearest the house. We met several of their friends and enjoyed the comraderie.
Snorkeling is great just in front of the house. We enjoyed the reef and fish being so close. We dove with Blue Island Divers for our scuba, and have recommended them in their own review.
We are heading home relaxed, rested, and with happy memories of our time here. We will be back.

Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank Kayak Guatemala... L
Reviewed 7 April 2015

I lived there before in 2010. This year my husband and I went to visit family and friends. Going back was so good. I felt like I never left, it was so good to be home. The best was that I felt safe there and the beach was clean.

Room tip: The cabana is really private. I really like that , if you are into privacy
Date of stay: January 2015