All reviews swim up bar lemongrass tea west end five minute cab ride nachos lovely pool beautiful place to stay minute walk to the beach small kitchen new friends sitting area entire stay coxen hole octopus dive school home away from home rooms are clean visit roatan
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2020

Cheryl Grant is a super kind , caring, fun and efficient owner/host.Going out of her way to help her guests is an understatement.
We lost our passports and she helped up look , drove us to airport.When we were denied flying out she took us to French Harbour to file a police report. She and her great assistant /driver Alex stayed with us to interpret,which took several hours. She assisted in getting paperwork required sent off to Consulate; then arrived a fantastic driver to accompany us around Tecguchulpa where the Consulate is. A room at Guava Grove is guaranteed upon our return to Roatan .
Guava Grove is set in a lovely hilltop garden property. The rooms are clean and have ensuite baths plus small kitchen area.
We enjoyed the pool. Cheryl's breakfasts are wonderfully delicious.Indeed all meals are. Fresh local ingredients are used in all meals.
Cheryl goes our of her way to make her guests feel at home and introduces everyone so by the end of your first hour at Guava Grove you have made new friends!
Monday she hosted a group of 30 plus and had live music and a special menu. What a party
My partner Scott and I would assuredly return and recommend Guava Grove Villas with confidence.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chermur2009, Owner at Guava Grove Villas and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

It was my pleasure to help you during a stressful situation. I was relieved that my driver and good friend in Tegucigalpa was a great connection. The bonus was having you both with me a couple of added days to settle it all. We all look forward to your return trip to Guava Grove. You are my kind of people!

Reviewed 3 March 2020 via mobile

Had a fantastic time at Guava Grove. The room was exactly as advertised and the pictures for it were spot on, the restaurant food was amazing, everything was home cooked ( even the nachos and chicken fingers were freshly made- nothing frozen here). The swim up bar pool is a great add on for a hot day,prices for the restaurant were fair priced as was the alcohol.The tropical garden behind the pool was a added bonus.

Then there is the owner Cheryl, I can't say enough good things about this lovely lady. To the fantastic service she provided, she's a women who gives good honest advice about the island and various things to see.She went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable, I can't praise her enough for great week staying there.I look forward in returning next year to Guava Grove.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
guavagrov, Owner at Guava Grove Villas and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Divers like yourself are wonderful guests to host. Thank you for all your kind words. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

It was a fantastic visit from the moment we got dropped off by taxi.. Cheryl and Murray were absolutely down to earth folks.. awesome reception... top notch menu with home cooked attitude.. wasn't a drink that couldn't be concocted.. Cheryl had a great loving personality with a can-do attitude.. the atmosphere was terrific.. I'd highly recommend this great resort to everyone interested... will relay to many... we shall return one fine day in the near future..

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chermur2009, Owner at Guava Grove Villas and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

Thank you for enjoying what we offer. It makes all of us pleased at Guava Grove when our guests get the most out of the island. We are pleased you chose to stay with us. Definetly it would be a pleasure to see you folks back here again one day.

Reviewed 31 January 2020

Cheryl was a amazing host, from the moment she picked us up at the airport and throughout the entire stay at Guava Grove. She was very honnest and gave up good advices that made our trip very pleasant. We were pleased to visit other rooms from the property as well, and the fantanstic suite (condo style). The site is well kept and clean, and the staff is extremely polite and friendly. There is a restaurant on site where we enjoyed a few meals for lunch and dinner, the quality of the food was always top notched! The room was cozy and well equiped. We appreciated the fridge (fair size) and the big water container - very handy since we didnt want to buy water bottle all the time. I will definitely returned to Guava Grove for the hospitality, the peaceful environment and the fair price of this great property!

Date of stay: January 2020
guavagrov, Owner at Guava Grove Villas and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2020

We are thrilled you took time to write a review. Thank you for appreciating our staff, your experience and our amenities.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 5 January 2020

Great place to stay that's convenient for all the activities on the west of the island. Cheryl, the owner, was fantastic and makes you feel like family rather than a guest.

The staff, Michael, Alex, and Jenny were so great. Since they know the island so well, I highly recommend making friends with them to show you the spots only locals go.

The place is clean, convenient (only 2 USD cab ride to west end), far away from the bussle but still near the hustle, and a nice place to relax when you don't want to do anything.

Book this place if you don't plan and want to trust the people who live in Roatan to tell you all the good spots to go to. They're all trust worthy, friendly, and kind people.

Shout out to Mike and Cheryl for listening to me ramble about my life!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
guavagrov, Owner at Guava Grove Villas and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2020

Suoer to have hosted you. We appreciate your kind words. My staff will be thrilled to see their names mentioned. Come back, again to see us.