“Gorgeous Sunset, Great Food”

La Dolce Vita Ristorante at Mayoka
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Sandy Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$36
Description: Romantic fine dining set on the treetop terraces at Mayoka Boutique Hotel in Sandy Bay. Featuring fresh seafood, homemade pastas, meats, with the freshest ingredients.
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Ate there twice and really enjoyed the cuisine. We were a very large group so it took a bit of time to prepare all the food, but the waiter was attentive and the food delicious.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We ate all three meals at this restaurant the omletes were great service was wonderful. Husband had the tuna for dinner the best he has ever eaten. The chef changed the dish for my daughter without a fuss. (Regular pancakes instead of pineapple pancakes).

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

La Dolce Vita at Mayoka Lodge was one of our favorite restaurants on the island. It used to be called Frangipani , which we loved, but they got a new chef a year or two ago and went with a more Italian flair, hence La Dolce Vita. The setting is romantic with a beautiful view over the water. The restaurant sits well above the beach so there are few bugs. Dinner usually starts with a free tasting of something, last time we had a cream of broccoli soup, which while not a fan of broccoli, was very good. Then we shared a caprese salad which is always good. (The waiter said the mozzarrella was imported from the US which was a shock, it was so good, I thought it was homemade.) I had a snapper which was cooked to perfection and my daughter had her usual filet mignon and my husband his usual lamb chops, which were both superb. For dessert, they had homemade ice cream which was excellent. I had mine in a crepe with walnuts and chocolate sauce, so good.
On a more recent visit, April 2017, Semana Santa week, I thought the restaurant slipped a little in quality. I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong but it just wasn't the same deliciousness. This time, I tried a seafood pasta dish. The pasta was a little overcooked but the seafood was perfect though I must say, the serving was exceptionally small.
This restaurant is more expensive than most on the island and had been worth it. We tried it again recently to see if April's dinner was just a fluke and it was. Our meals were back on track. It only has a few tables so we always make a reservation, especially in high season. They take credit cards, and have parking.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Tucked away in the hillside (Wayz went wild, so ask for directions), this restaurant is one of the most romantic spots we've dined...anywhere. The landscaping of the grounds around the restaurant and the view are breathtaking. Great to go just before sunset.

The food was very good. They were out of several menu items that night. Alas, nice salads on Roatan! Seared tuna was tasty. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

The food and service was exceptional. They sent a driver to pick us up at our hotel (Grand Roatan). He was very friendly and made it convenient to get there. Staff was very friendly and the food was delicious. We sat outside with a beautiful view of the water and boutique hotel. It was a special setting and enjoyable meal.