All reviews mosquito net self contained cape coast laid back ball court dorm room camp fire beautiful garden eco lodge place is beautiful whole month solar power bunk beds once in a lifetime lovely atmosphere toilet paper beach front
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a sweet thatch rondel house with an outdoor (essentially roofless) bathroom. I loved it and had the best nights sleep there. The staff is very cool and friendly and the food was great.
Unfortunately there is a big sea wall now that blocks the view and access of the beach. It is a far walk to get to where you can play in the surf. The sea wall is necessary but it completely defeats the purpose of staying on the beach.
Also, no wifi

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tin100tin
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Heaven! A little slice of peaceful bliss. We booked for Christmas to escape everything. We succeeded!

Not everything in our stay was perfect, but for so little money, in such a setting, it was luxurious.

We booked a self enclosed hut and had the only wooden one. It had a mosquito net and outside showeroom. The hut was brilliant, very special. The bed was comfy firm, sheets had some marks and the main light didn't work two out of three nights. The power only came on at night anyway. There are no plug holes, you charge stuff at the bar.

The outside private toilet area was great fun. There was a good shower. It provided normally cold water, but if you were lucky and nabbed the first shower then you got scolding hot water for 20 seconds. I am guessing from the sun on the pipes. The chemical toilet was as you would expect. There was a plummed in bucket for peeing, but ours got blocked and smelt. The showeroom also had a good sink, mirror and always working light.

The food was very good, we stayed three nights and were getting slightly bored of the beastly varied menu. The breakfasts were fabulous, pancakes to die for. The prices for food and drink were pretty reasonable.

The staff were a treat, typical Ghanaian friendliness. Always willing to help and advise. The location was special and only slightly spoilt by the newly built coastal defences. They still need a bit of time to bed in. There is still plenty of sand and sea to enjoy!

We came from from Accra on the STC and stopped at its stop in Cape Coast, from there we easily got a taxi for 45 Ghanaian to the hotel. During our stay we were getting taxis to and from Elmina for 15 Ghanaian and to Cape Coast for 30 Ghanaian to see the sites. Elmina is easily the better place, the colour and action are a sight to behold.

We asked the guys at stumble to book us a taxi (15 Ghanaian) to the trotro to takoradri, the driver took us to the main road and stopping point and we were on a van and away in minutes,8 Ghanaian.

A brilliant stay and one I would recommend to all if you are heading to the Coast. I certainly wouldn't stay in Cape Coast, in comparison to Elmina it is a dump.

I review a lot and have certainly never rated anything with a blocked toilet, broken light and stained sheets so highly and probably never will agin. It is somewhere special.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Location: Very chill location away from everything. Not in Elmina town. Minimally 10 cedes from the town to the inn. The bridge is being reconstructed in Elmina so it makes it even tougher/more expensive to get to the hotel. Going to town, if you walk maybe 30 minutes down the beach and then through the fishing village, you can get to a main road which is where you catch the share taxi into town (the whole walk takes at least 45 min). I needed someone to show me the route the first time around and, fortunately, a friend did me that favor. A share taxi can then be taken for 1 cede on the main road to the fish market although, at that point, it is only another 20 minute walk and it is a straight shot. Personally, I enjoyed walking through the village and being in an authentic atmosphere but I am not sure if it is for everyone. Along the beach, just before the fishing village (maybe 20 minutes from the Stumble Inn) there is a cool Rasta place that has a bar and will give drumming/dance lessons.

Ambiance: It is a cool place..huts and dorms in a remote place along the Ghanaian coast. They have games such as table tennis, volleyball and cards. They also have some seats along the edge closest to the ocean. There are a few friendly dogs and a cat who make it feel very homey. It could use a hammock or two, as for most of us hammocks are synonymous with beach properties. The biggest challenge right now is that a rock sea defense is being built which eliminates the beach right in front (need to walk 5 or so minutes) and means you are watching construction equipment all day rather than peaceful ocean. Fortunately, they don't start working until after 8. I was the only one staying at the place the first night but there were a few of us the second night. Adult workers disappear come 7 (darkness hits by 730) so it was a bit spooky/lonely for me the first night but the second night was better with other people around. There is a nice. beach bar although you can't assume they will have inventory (e.g. I ordered a beer one night and all they could offer was a warm bottle). The food was reasonably priced and decent. I thought the fish would be to die for because of the proximity to the extensive fishing of elmina but it was okay. Not a whole fish and a bit dry with no sauce. They have a few options for breakfast. I had eggs and toast for 10 cedes and it was filling.

Rooms: Dorms or self contained. Dorms are $3 and self contained are $15. Both have mosquito nets. No fans in either one. Self contained huts are closer to the ocean with views if keep door and curtains open. The bathroom in the self contained are open to the sky. Cold water shower. Toilet is rustic and a bit awkward to use.. Lid doesn't stay up on its own and the overall diameter of the toilet makes things challenging. Toilet contents are quite a bit down but it isn't just your pee and poop in there and there were quite a few very large ants on the seat and plaster. I preferred to use the toilets set up for the camping area. (Random aside: they didn't have an insecticide on hand. I found that a little weird given the remote location). However, aside from the ants, there weren't any major bug issues during my two day stay.

Amenities: No wifi. My airtel also didn't have signal but MTN seems to work well. They have lots of games available. Towels in huts are good. Toilet paper also provided. They also offer some workshops such as batik and bead making.

Staff: Responsive. More of an informal vibe.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Alera
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I have stayed at Stumble Inn 3 times over the past 2 years and I love it here. We always get a hut with a private outdoor shower and toilet area and we love it. The rooms are clean and very cozy and romantic. The food is excellent, especially the breakfast and they cater to Western tastes as well as to locals. The owner's dogs and cats are very friendly and well taken care of and they roam the property. Most nights the staff light a bonfire and with the quietness and proximity to the beach it is very romantic. The price is excellent too for what you are getting. Meals are not included in the room rate but are certainly reasonable enough. You will love it here!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I needed somewhere to get good affordable food and the cab driver suggested Stumble Inn. It's right behind Coconut Grove beach resort where we lodged. I ordered Kelewele for 19ghc and pineapple juice for 6ghc making a total of 25ghc. The pineapple was squeeze right in front of me. The food was delicious. And most importantly pocket friendly.

While waiting for the food to be ready, Issac took us round their accommodation. Very neat. I dont know how I missed it on TA. To think they won the 2015 award from TA. Their energy is powered by solar. Prices are from 75ghc per nite. After that we chatted a bit with the other locals and left. I will be coming back here if I ever return to Elmina

Date of stay: July 2016