We stayed at this hotel just last week and have to say its awesome. The hotel itself is conveniently located near the ferry and airport. That does mean you will see planes land/take off a few times during the day but not really an issue as these are not large commercial jets. We got a deluxe over water bungalow situated near the end, had mostly a inside lagoon view although once on the terrace we can see the ocean. The lagoon is full of choral and fish and on most days we were able to see right into it like a glass of water (it is that clear). The beach is huge and the water fairly shallow even when snorkeling way out in the lagoon (however for folks who can't swim best to get a life vest from the beach house as water in some parts are too deep to stand).
Restaurants: We tried both restaurants (Pure which is buffet only at night and "K" which is the a la carte ordering). I'm sure opinions here would vary but i would skip the buffet (unless you can eat a lot) and simply eat at the "K". It'll cost you more of course. There are several pretty good dining options near the hotel where the restaurant staffs will pick you up free of charge so its worth venturing out.
Rooms: The rooms were nicely made and well equipped. Some annoyances however. The windows on our bungalow didn't have any glass, just wood shades that you can open/close. For us city slickers who always have the AC running (and don't want bugs to come in) that meant the shades were always closed. Also for some odd reason the AC unit outside is situated right next to a window that is right next to the bed. That means every time the AC starts up you can hear it pretty loudly, ear plugs are recommended for light sleepers.
Service: As expected from a hotel of this grade, staff was in general very prompt and nice.
This was our first time in Moorea, however while on the jet ski tour we went on we had a chance to visit both "The Pearl" and Intercontinental. Can't comment on the rooms of course but from a beach/lagoon perspective this hotel has a clear edge. A hotel we definitely hope to revisit in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, ACCOR, TravelUp, Expedia, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort Maharepa