Like walking around in a postcard, just beautiful place to stay.
Just a couple of niggles for such an expensive spot :
Check-in was an unpleasantly drawn out experience, we arrived with a bus-load off the ferry, so I'm sure dealing with so many people in several languages doesn't help. Seemed to take ages during which our check-in registration got lost and ultimately loaded incorrectly. Unlike other reviewers, didn't find any special treatment for it being our anniversary.
To "book-end" that our last night was a Saturday and they had a famous (in France) singer preforming. He was ok but the follow on act was a DJ who played from 10 till midnight with the bass volume cranked up to point that it shook the walls of our bungalow. Industrial ear plugs was the solution offered - not really good enough. Also the locals party at the lookout above the resort on Friday/Saturday night, but that noise was tolerable by comparison.
In between times our stay was fantastic. Friendly staff, good food, great snorkeling right off the beach.
Be aware that the Sofitel does not have an ATM machine. The banks aren't far away, but more than walking distance and if you go out for lunch you do need cash (not many cafe's accept credit cards).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, TravelUp, ACCOR, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort Maharepa