We stayed at the Sofitel in August/September 2017. Agree with other reviewers - location was great - close to ferry stop and the airport which made getting in and out very easy. We stayed in a Luxury Beach Bungalow and our room was ready much earlier than the 1:30 stated time which made the travel day feel like a full vacation day. The accommodations were great and the view was spectacular. Loved being able to walk out to the beach, swim out a little ways and see some beautiful coral and fish. We were further down the beach (bungalow 419) but we didn't mind the stroll back to the restaurant and reception.
We did not dine at the hotel for any dinners. We found the complementary shuttles to and from nearby restaurants too convenient. I highly recommend happy hour at the hotel bar from 5:30 - 6:30 where drinks are BOGO. The few drinks I had at the hotel bars were delicious - especially the pineapple mojito which was made from freshly cut pineapple mint etc. We also appreciated the minibar restocking and took full advantage of it every day. We did shop at duty free and also made a quick stop at a grocery store as it was nice having everything we needed in our bungalow.
We also read about bringing swim shoes and our own snorkel and mask. We found both recommendations very helpful.
The breakfast was delicious and varied. The croissants are especially yummy at the Sofitel. We compared them with other hotels and Sofitel's were better by leaps and bounds. Almost always warm!
I can see how some people found the rooms to be dated. They probably could use a little TLC but I also tried to remind myself of where we were and the fact that everything did not have to be absolutely perfect for our stay to be perfect. Overall a wonderful place. We would definitely recommend it to friends and would come back again if we ever have the chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort Maharepa