This is a very good wellkept property in a fantastic island.All the bungalows are very modern But you need to now this:
Moorea is not a small paradis island, its a big island with traffic and its close to the main island Tahiti( this island is not nice at all). So if possible please avoid to stay in a hotel at Tahiti 1 night before going to Moorea. It will destroy your feeling of beeing in a paradis island. So find a flight were its possible to go directly to your hotel.Moorea its only a 10 min flight from Tahiti. This destroyed little bit of the paradis feeling for me. Because you see Tahiti from the hotel and you see cars passing by outside the hotel. I travelled for 36 hours to get to Moorea to have some relaxing time and then i dont want to see any cars. Its also very close to the airport but this was not actually a problem.
We booked a superior lagoon view bungalow. And this was a big mistake. They were situated on the right side of the hotel if you are looking towards Tahiti. These bungalows are situated just by the road, so if you are out on your terrace you will here the cars passing by. All the other options are nice. Specially the overwater bungalows. Also the luxury bungalows are nice if you ask that you want to be close to the beach.
The food is good, not top class but good quality.
We hired a car and also looked at the other hotels on the island and i must say that Sofitel is the best option.The beach at Sofitel is also very nice.
We went to Four seasons at Bora Bora after Sofitel and its so much nicer, i recommend you to go there directly if you can afford it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Prestigia, ACCOR, Expedia, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort Maharepa