“Fresh Seafood and cooked to order when ordered!”
Review of Quino

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Quino
Ranked #14 of 86 Restaurants in Otavalo
Reviewed 22 July 2016

We went here because someone told us they had the best Calamari, period. Well, our luck they did not have the Calamari that evening. However, we had shrimp and trout. When we order the waiter told us it would be a bit since everything is fresh and it is not prepared and cooked until ordered. How refreshing! In the meantime they brought us table snacks.
The meal was outstanding, you could tell it was fresh as it was tender and tasted like right out of the water.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

This restaurant majors on seafood. I have often eaten here, with many different people, and everyone has always thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The patacones are some of the best in I have ever had in Ecuador. They sell Tarapaca wine at just $18.00 per bottle, which is very reasonable for what is a good quality wine.
Be patient. All food is freshly cooked, but the wait is well worth it

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

After a busy day of shopping and visiting Laguna Cuicocha, my friends and I were starved. The hotel recommended this restaurant, as did my friend's guidebook. We all had seafood, nobody got sick (a first eating seafood in Ecuador for me), and the trout with garlic sauce was delicious. The juice was fresh, my friends loved their wine, and the service was great. Would return.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

This was so disappointing. We had read a good review elsewhere and we're looking forward to great seafood. The restaurant on a Thursday evening was almost empty. We ordered a seabass with garlic sauce and a fish casserole. The seabass when it arrived looked like it had been taken out of a John West frozen foods packet and was covered in an inedible creamy garlic sauce. The casserole turned out to be like a sweet and sour seafood dish which was edible - but nothing like a casserole. At the end of the meal I explained to the waiter / manager that the seabass was inedible & he just shrugged & appeared to agree, no hint of an apology.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

We were staying at the Dona Esther, around the corner, and my girlfriend wanted pizza, but I insisted that we should try the seafood restaurant around the corner, so we ventured out to Quino. The ceviche mixto was fantastic. My girlfriend had read that the arroz con camerones was good, so she ordered that... It was excellent too. I was going to order the "economy" fried whole fish, which looked great in the picture on the menu, but I asked the waiter for a suggestion, and wound up ordering the corvina with garlic sauce. Unfortunately, that dish was terrible. Sauce was aggressively garlicky, with a cornstarch thickener, and the fish was tough and tasteless... So, 2 out of 3 dishes were good, so 4*. House Chilean wine was good as well.