“Relax, Enjoy the Flowers and Trees”

Botanical Garden of Guayaquil
Ranked #25 of 145 things to do in Guayaquil
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Take a breather and relax for a bit in the gardens. Very nice place to take a leisurely stroll or just sit and watch people. A very good variety of trees and flowers.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

This garden is one of the favorite places for people who love the tranquility of nature and the singing of birds. This incredible place is one of the most beautiful that the city of Guayaquil has l, because it has 5 hectares of vegetation. I knew this place when I was at school and they took us to walk through it and give our opinion about everything that place offers. This garden has several stages:

• An exhibition of Amazonian animals;
• A collection of butterflies and fossil remains in the auditorium,
• The opportunity to buy snacks in the bar, next to a panoramic viewpoint;
• Enjoy the area of bonsai, orchid, medicinal plants, poultry
• Perform the traditional "Cable Command".

The prices are:
• Adults $ 3
• Children $ 1.5
• 3rd age $ 1.5
• Students $ 1.5

This place has parking and security guards.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

It's a hit or miss sort of place and sadly our visit was a miss. We wanted to see the butterfly garden and found not a single live butterfly. The silence was a nice break from the bustling sound of city life but our cab had trouble finding the place. The botanical garden has an admirable mission but it has to take care of too much with too little funding.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

For lovers of nature, Guayaquil has the perfect place, I refer to the Jardin Botanico. It is located in the Cerro Colorado and it has characteristics of a tropical dry Forest. This is divided in to three sections that can be crossed through comfortable paths. In this place, we can find more than 324 species of trees: guayacan,robles, fruit trees and ornamentals plants. Also, we can also find a waterfall climatized with Persian fish. In addition to that, you can observe a variety of bird species, butterflies and animals like the armadillo, iguana, rabbit and squirrels. Beforehand you must reserve the visit and you can request a specialized guide for a tour, which lasts about one hour. I visited this place and it is a beautiful place, because you can enjoy a variety of species that exist here and also you can pass one day in touch with the nature.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

To describe my experience in this place I need the most beautiful words, because it is one of my favorite places in the whole city, this garden for me is similar to a paradise, it has a lookout with a spectacular view, simply fantastic, it is perfect to forget the world and for a moment being connected with the nature.
This garden has a variety of flowers and fruits of many colors the environment is magic. Also I could observe and know the types of butterflies.
The entry to this paradise is cheap, it is very visited by national and foreign tourists although this place is also frequently visited by students from many educational institutions Due to the diversity it offers in birds, flowers and for their main characteristic, being dry tropical forest.