“Excellent Lebanese food and lots of vegetarian choices.”

La Taberna Libanesa
Ranked #24 of 547 Restaurants in Guayaquil
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2016

This was my third visit in five years and the consistency of this restaurant is solid. It is owned by a Lebanese family who are vegetarian and so there are lots of veggie choices that are wonderful. In particular there is vegetarian kibbie which I have never seen in any other Lebanese restaurant anywhere. The preparation of everything is very well done and you will taste love and joy in the food, which is what I require for five star review no matter how good the technical quality of the food is. Service was friendly and prompt and by the mother of the family. We samples a wide variety of dishes: vegetarian cabbie, hummus, baba ghanoush, tabbouleh, and more. All of them wonderful. The sweets were also very well done: baklava, and three or four other sweets. It was a wonderful evening of conversation sitting out on a cool humid evening with good friends sipping lemonade flavored with rosewater. I'll be back.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

I went with gamily and friends that love mid east food. I know that the owner is a very good chef, but it seems that the plates are not made it the restaurant itself and lacked the top class of ingredients needed; the service was poor.

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

Everything is good there, the only bad thing I can say about that place is that is closed on Mondays. I've been there several times and order almost everything and it's always delicious.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

If you are in need of different food and happen to be in Guayaquil, then La Taberna is for you! Tastes and smells from another continent.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Mediterranean food is my favorite, its perfect for vegetarians! I live in Cuenca and coming from NYC, I really miss the diversity of cuisines I was accustomed to. Every time I go to Guayaquil, I make the trip to Samborondón for the only decent falafel I've tasted since being in Ecuador. And not just decent but delicious with just the right amount of crunch and rolled in sesame seeds. This place is the real deal! I mean Lebanese owners!!! And they're so sweet! I've been there about 5 times and they always treat me well and show interest in me and my guests. I wished I lived closer, I would go every week!!