“Great food and environment !”
Review of La Tasca de Carlos

La Tasca de Carlos
Ranked #41 of 569 Restaurants in Guayaquil
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

We I my had the paella but it was delicious!!! Service as great and environment lovey. Plus they had good beer from Cuenca. Which in Ecuador.:: you never get good beer. So that was a huge deal!

Would love to go back and try other dishes. :)

.... Side note..... A bit pricey. But worth it.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

The attention is perfect. The staff is super friendly and very well trained. The owners are there all the time.
The food is superb and with good portions.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

I was not genuine Spanish cuisine. Very poor selection of vines. Service was ok but nothing special at all.

Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

6 dollars for a small bottle of Heineken, 10 dollars for 5 slices of salami. Beers are not on the menu so I assume prices are set according to the customer. Not worth your time.

Reviewed 14 January 2015

Since they were not, we had a late lunch there today. It would have been nice to have been hungrier and tried more dishes. We arrived around 2:30, about an hour before they close, and were immediately seated. I ordered a glass of red wine (followed by a second) and my wife had two glasses of sangria. Both were good, although the wine was a little cold. I let it sit for a few minutes and it reached a better temperature. The waiter brought a cup of a garbanzo bean/onion mixture, French bread, olive oil and vinegar and a few toasted crackers. Very nice as a starter. We ordered croquettes of cheese and chicken which were perfectly cooked. As light as a fried dish could be, and the filling was very tasty. We also ordered the paella mixta (includes chicken, shrimp and various shellfish). The menu notes that it takes 30 minutes, but we were fine sitting and talking quietly (not a noisy restaurant at all, which we appreciate- there is a TV, but it was not on) and enjoying our drinks. The paella was very good and there was plenty to eat. At the end, the proprietress served us a glass of amaretto on the rocks, gratis, and it was very good. She and my wife had a couple of friendly little conversations in Spanish during the time we were there. She is a really nice person.

A really nice way to spend a couple of hours.

2  Thank Dave S