All reviews guide luis cuyabeno reserve the river lago agrio pink dolphins his knowledge different species his passion spot animals night walk rubber boots this wonderful place flushing toilets poisonous frogs water leaking partial wall bus transfer
Reviewed 5 February 2017

If you want an Amazone experience, Siona Lodge could be your place.
Our five days tour to Siona Lodge was our second visit to the Amazone (first was in Peru) so we had some expectations. And the expectations were fulfilled, no exceeded.
The lodge is nicely located at Laguna Grande, have a limited number of cabins, so definitely not crowded. The cabins and the lodge are a bit rustic, but hey, we are in the middle of the Amazone. Monkeys were frequently climbing the trees around the lodge. And at night all sorts of unfiltered nature sounds created a fabulous atmosphere. So if one want Hilton - stay in town. The rooms were clean and beds were good and the food was excellent. A lot of credit to the friendly staff.
But an experience like this is totally dependant on the wildlife guide. And we could not have had a better one. Our guide Neiser had an incredible knowledge, good eyesight and sharp ears and spotted a large variety of wildlife. Seven different species of monkeys (Woolly, Monk Saki, Titi, Squirrel, Capuchin, Howler and Night monkey), both Two- and Three-toed sloths, river dolphins, (every day), snakes (including a huge Anaconda), numerous caimans, a large variety birds and critters (a night walk in the forest is exciting). The days were filled with excursions, both on the lake and river and through the rainforest by foot. We loved every moment.
I would recommend a stay at Siona Lodge for every nature lover.

Room Tip: Any room will do. You are in the nature here.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2017

I spend there 5 days. Lodge is located on the lagoon so views are beautiful. The place is very peaceful. Service is very open and helpful. Food is very OK. Rooms are clean. Our guide Luis was great. I couldn't believe how human can spot so many animals even when boat is moving so quick. I definitely enjoyed my stay there .

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Siona Lodge is high quality eco accommodation. Am Ecuadorean and feel very proud of the way Siona Lodge manage the ecosystem and the high respect they show to nature. Neiser our guide is exceptional he is very knowledgable with a falcon eye to spot unbelievable animal in the jungle giving the best experience possible to every visitor. The food is really good and good portions. The Lodge provides good drinkable water.
Have to say that this trip will remain in my memory the rest of my life as my boyfriend asked me to get married the last day in the Lodge, am a very lucky girl!
If you visit Cuyabeno and Siona remember to enjoy and to respect this amazing paradise!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Loved this place for how Eco friendly they are. Very committed to preserving the amazon as it is (despite the use of motored long boats as transportation-no way around it) and teaching visitors about the environment they're interacting with. Our guide Neissa was beyond eagle eyed, spotting sloths at the topmost canopy to 1cm long poison frogs on the forest floor. Without him we wouldn't have seen half the wildlife we did or not half of the stories about the jungle without him telling us after dinner.
Siona has three courses every meal and all were really tasty and well prepared.
We had several guided expeditions throughout the three days we visited from swimming in the river to visiting shamans and the local village.
Remember extra money for tipping and cute jungle jewellery and the staff are more than accommodating during the stay.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2016

I chose the Siona Lodge because it was the only lodget, besides the Tapir Lodge, that could explain their policy regarding sharing benefits with local people. But, it was our guide, Neiser, whoreally made this tour awesome. He is an amazing bird watcher and also a great conservationist who made conservation part of the information and stories he told. The lodge is very very well run, too, and the owners and staff treated us like family. The park is very magical, especially the sky at sundown and birdlife at sunrise. My only recommendation is that you bring your own pair of binoculars because most of what you will see requires them for good viewing. The food was excellent. The lodge was very clean and has very good facilities for a remote jungle location. The experience in the village was also very good. I work in community-based ecotourism development and really thought that the way the village experience was set up was excellent. Neiser was very respectful towards the village, which is part of the reason why it worked so well. I recommend not missing this experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo