“History comes alive!”

Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir
Ranked #15 of 44 Tours in Trogir
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hi, my name is Sandra and I'm a licensed tourist guide for Split-Dalmatia and Sibenik-Knin Counties. I'm also an English and Italian language teacher. I’m really in love with my hometown Trogir, but a lot of the places in these countie offer a unique experience. Let’s mention just the most famous ones: Split, Salona, Sibenik and Krka National Park. On a walking tour with me you can hear stories and legends only locals know. There are so many things to see and so much history to soak up that you will fall in love with these places. I’ll do my best to make you see the most of all the places. Ciao, mi chiamo Sandra ed io sono guida turistica per la provincia Split-Dalmazia e Sibenik-Knin. Io son anche l'insegnante d'inglese ed italiano in una scuola elementare. Io offro visite guidate a Trogir, Split e Salona e le dico le storie e leggende che solo i locali sanno. Ci sono tante cose per vedere e tanta storia di sentire. Sono sicura che vi innamorerete di queste città dopo la visita.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I arranged a one day, three city tour with Sandra. We began in Split and were very grateful to have such an interesting and knowledgeable guide. She made the palace, buildings and history of Split meaningful and memorable. We next visited the ancient city of Salona. She made the history of Salona come alive with her excellent attention to detail and history. We then had a wonderful lunch at one of her favorite restaurants. Our third and last city was Trogir. We were once again grateful for her input as we would have felt we were wandering around looking at old buildings rather than understanding the significance of each area of the walled city.
Sandra's English is excellent and we enjoyed comparing notes as fellow school teachers. She is very flexible and will arrange tours based on your preferences and interests. It is not often you can spend an entire day with a tour guide and never once feel bored, rushed or uninvolved in the presentation. She is a treasure and everyone who tours with her is very lucky!

1  Thank Bess S
SandraGuideTrogir, Owner at Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Bess!
Thank you for your wonderful words! I’m so happy I had a chance to spend a day with you and show you around. Like you’ve said, when three teachers get together, conversation never stops.
I hope you had nice time until the end of your journey.
Best regards,

in 6 reviews
"town"
"croatia"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sandra is not only a tour guide, but a public school English teacher, and I expect she is a very good one. Her knowledge of Croatia is extensive and deep. By the end of our vacation, we had hired Sandra for three tours. That’s a recommendation. On her walking tour of historic Split: Diocletian’s Palace and the Old Town, we saw and learned a great amount about the Roman, early Christian, and later periods of the city. She was exceptionally well informed about everything she showed us, and answered more questions over the lunch she helped us enjoy.

On our second tour, we hired Sandra to drive us in her car, because I didn’t want to drive after tasting wines and dining over the course of a long day. Sandra guided us through the ruins of the ancient Roman city of Salona. I am a former classical scholar, and appreciated her informed answers to my questions. Because of my interest in ancient sacred sites, she added to this tour a visit to the church her family attends, built upon the published remains of an early Christian basilica, where Sandra has a conservatorial role. This experience deeply enhanced our awareness of Croatian history and culture.

In Trogir, where she began her studies, Sandra told us about one teacher who required her to know the stories of each of the carvings in the celebrated portal of the medieval church. In addition to art historical iconography, Sandra also knew a reliable jeweler where Susan could buy red coral. For dinner, Sandra chose a restaurant with a unique physical setting and exceptional seafood, even for this coast. We discussed early Christian martyrs, and various recipes for goulash.

On our third and final tour, Sandra drove us along the scenic coast and up country to Krka National Park, where waterfalls cascade through a series of forest pools. We also visited Pristemon, another walled medieval town on the shore.

Sandra had researched for us and found a winery, located in a 500 year-old farmhouse, where the proprietor cooked us octopus in the traditional _peka_ style, baked on a hot hearth under an iron “bell”. I had some questions for her about four bronze reliefs we’d seen in Dubrovnik, illustrations of the works of a national poet, and she explained their imagery.

She drove us back to Split, in part over a long, steep and winding hill country road, finally through a few kilometers of dense urban traffic. Sandra is an expert driver. We felt safe and in good hands on our numerous trips with her.

I and all five of us cannot recommend her too highly. We enjoyed three informative and pleasurable tours with Tg Sandra of Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir.

Full disclosure: I am a walking tour guide in Newport, Rhode Island, and I begin to wonder if my work is only a paltry imitation of what a real tourist guide should be.

1  Thank David F
SandraGuideTrogir, Owner at Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi David!
First of all, I don’t have the words to respond to your lovely review! Thank you so much for your detailed description! I enjoyed every minute of all the tours with you! I’m so glad that you found me and that I had the chance to show you all the places. When Susan mentioned that you loved the ruins I’ve decided to show you the church of St Martha, the location which is extremely important in Croatian history. I’m happy that you liked the tours, I did my best to fulfil your expectations. And to conclude: I’m positive that you’re a good tourist guide! You are so knowledgable and it’s so easy to talk to you just about anything in the world!
Thank you both for hiring me! Hope to see you in Croatia again!

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Sandra included us at short notice on a one hour early evening tour of Trogir, Thoroughly absorbing, informative and well-paced. Trogir is a beautiful town, 3 centuries older than Split with a wealth of history. The tour included the Loggia (a public space used for trials), the Castle at the harbour mouth and the Cathedral (interior closed at the time of our tour, but with amazing sculptures around the doors). Recommended!

SandraGuideTrogir, Owner at Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much that you were ready to join the group. I hope you had fun. And than you for the nice review.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We had a great day with Sandra last week!. She is knowledgeable and flexible. What was supposed to be lunch turned into dinner yet she never rushed us! We would deffinately tour with Sandra if we are lucky enough to visit Croatia again. Hvala
Sandra.

2  Thank mmnee1
SandraGuideTrogir, Owner at Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Margaret!
Thank you and Mike for your review and for a wonderful day! The atmosphere goes both ways! And thank you for a great review! Hope to see you again in Croatia!