Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Go Private - and see Croatia in a more personal and detailed way with SANDRA!

First of all Sandra was so quick to respond to any emails - she helped provide information for... read more

Reviewed 26 September 2018
Sue N
Time Well Spent in Split!

We spent 1.5 hours with Sandra touring around the old town of Split and Diocletian's Palace. She... read more

Reviewed 12 September 2018
993Mitch
Ontario, Canada

All reviews wonderful tour private walking tour old town sandra winery teacher interests studied knowledge stories tours palace split croatia
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Sandra is not only a tour guide, but a public school English teacher, and I expect she is a very good one. Her knowledge of Croatia is extensive and deep. By the end of our vacation, we had hired Sandra for three tours. That’s a recommendation. On her walking tour of historic Split: Diocletian’s Palace and the Old Town, we saw and learned a great amount about the Roman, early Christian, and later periods of the city. She was exceptionally well informed about everything she showed us, and answered more questions over the lunch she helped us enjoy.

On our second tour, we hired Sandra to drive us in her car, because I didn’t want to drive after tasting wines and dining over the course of a long day. Sandra guided us through the ruins of the ancient Roman city of Salona. I am a former classical scholar, and appreciated her informed answers to my questions. Because of my interest in ancient sacred sites, she added to this tour a visit to the church her family attends, built upon the published remains of an early Christian basilica, where Sandra has a conservatorial role. This experience deeply enhanced our awareness of Croatian history and culture.

In Trogir, where she began her studies, Sandra told us about one teacher who required her to know the stories of each of the carvings in the celebrated portal of the medieval church. In addition to art historical iconography, Sandra also knew a reliable jeweler where Susan could buy red coral. For dinner, Sandra chose a restaurant with a unique physical setting and exceptional seafood, even for this coast. We discussed early Christian martyrs, and various recipes for goulash.

On our third and final tour, Sandra drove us along the scenic coast and up country to Krka National Park, where waterfalls cascade through a series of forest pools. We also visited Pristemon, another walled medieval town on the shore.

Sandra had researched for us and found a winery, located in a 500 year-old farmhouse, where the proprietor cooked us octopus in the traditional _peka_ style, baked on a hot hearth under an iron “bell”. I had some questions for her about four bronze reliefs we’d seen in Dubrovnik, illustrations of the works of a national poet, and she explained their imagery.

She drove us back to Split, in part over a long, steep and winding hill country road, finally through a few kilometers of dense urban traffic. Sandra is an expert driver. We felt safe and in good hands on our numerous trips with her.

I and all five of us cannot recommend her too highly. We enjoyed three informative and pleasurable tours with Tg Sandra of Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir.

Full disclosure: I am a walking tour guide in Newport, Rhode Island, and I begin to wonder if my work is only a paltry imitation of what a real tourist guide should be.

1  Thank DavidF3863
SandraGuideTrogir, Owner at Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi David!
First of all, I don’t have the words to respond to your lovely review! Thank you so much for your detailed description! I enjoyed every minute of all the tours with you! I’m so glad that you found me and that I had the chance to show you all the places. When Susan mentioned that you loved the ruins I’ve decided to show you the church of St Martha, the location which is extremely important in Croatian history. I’m happy that you liked the tours, I did my best to fulfil your expectations. And to conclude: I’m positive that you’re a good tourist guide! You are so knowledgable and it’s so easy to talk to you just about anything in the world!
Thank you both for hiring me! Hope to see you in Croatia again!

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Sandra included us at short notice on a one hour early evening tour of Trogir, Thoroughly absorbing, informative and well-paced. Trogir is a beautiful town, 3 centuries older than Split with a wealth of history. The tour included the Loggia (a public space used for trials), the Castle at the harbour mouth and the Cathedral (interior closed at the time of our tour, but with amazing sculptures around the doors). Recommended!

Date of experience: May 2018
SandraGuideTrogir, Owner at Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you so much that you were ready to join the group. I hope you had fun. And than you for the nice review.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We had a great day with Sandra last week!. She is knowledgeable and flexible. What was supposed to be lunch turned into dinner yet she never rushed us! We would deffinately tour with Sandra if we are lucky enough to visit Croatia again. Hvala
Sandra.

2  Thank mmnee1
SandraGuideTrogir, Owner at Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Margaret!
Thank you and Mike for your review and for a wonderful day! The atmosphere goes both ways! And thank you for a great review! Hope to see you again in Croatia!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Sandra and her tour was a real insight into learning about beautiful city of Trogir.
Very knowledgeable about the history of the town and surrounding areas. Not a typical “package tour guiding” which I usually try to avoid on my travels. Sandra has a more personal approach which was very enjoyable and fun and you can feel her passion about introducing her town to newcomers.
Highly recommended!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank JitkaM4
SandraGuideTrogir, Owner at Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Jitka,
thank you for the great review! Hope to see you in Trogir again!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Sandra was excellent! Incredible knowledge of the towns, great lunch spot and she spoke English beautifully. Highly recommend her as a guide!!!! Sandra Vudric-we would definitely use her again and recommend her to anyone who comes for a visit! Great tour!

Date of experience: April 2018
SandraGuideTrogir, Owner at Emaus Tourist Guide Trogir, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Jessica and Kip!
It was such fun time spent with you in Sibenik and Trogir. Hope to see you again in Croatia together with your boysThank you for your review! Have fun on the rest of your Croatian adventure!