All reviews the bed was extremely comfortable min walk into town perfect place to stay amazing hospitality view from the balcony would definitely stay here again longer stay amazing views big balcony recommend staying here blue cave on arrival nice terrace rooms were very clean good size great room a wonderful stay
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I phoned the night before we travelled to Hvar on the 8 hour ferry from Dubrovnik (avoid the ferry if poss btw) and the lady who owns the hotel was really friendly and helpful. I said I would phone to let her know when we arrived so she could come pick us up but her husband was already there and waiting when we got off the bus. They were both warm and genuine. The room was very clean and the sheets on the bed were wonderfully fresh. We had our own balcony with a view over Hvar town and the coastline where we had coffee and cake in the morning. Also, each side of the bed had it's own reading light and table (which when it's not there I really miss!) The reason I booked to stay here was that I had read on tripadvisor it was a quiet place (a rarity on Hvar with all its' bars and clubs) and I was not disappointed - we both slept really well. It is in an ideal location 5 minutes walk uphill from the town, and not a steep hill at that. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

cirus,
The best place to lodge in hvar ,my two african brothers also found this place helpful due to strategic location in the city center , the beech, and hospitable accommodation . Quality services.It has also seren atmostphere .All the luxury a tourist required can be evident there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Though a short, uphill walk from the center of the old city, we enjoyed our stay Violeta Hvar for the incredibly friendly staff and beautiful terraces overlooking the city and the sea. The hotel's owner met us at the bus station when our ferry arrived at 7:35am, pointed out all the major landmarks, set us up with a discount for renting a scooter from the (very conveniently located) rental company on the ground floor of the building, and arranged a grilled fish dinner for some of the other guests. Our room was small but nicely decorated and clean, and we enjoyed sitting outside on the large terrace with a book and a beer at the end of the day, watching the setting sun reflecting off the town. Things rock into the wee morning hours down in the town, but up at Violeta Hvar we got a good, quiet night's sleep.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Me and my sister had a lovely stay for 2 nights at the Violeta.

We were picked up from the bus station and were driven back to the bus station at the end of the stay to save us a hot trip with a heavy bag.

The room was simple but spotless and had a lovely comfy bed.

Aircon was good - not as powerful in other places we stayed but cooled us down nicely none the less.

It's only a 10 minute pretty walk into the town of Hvar - which is just stunning - and there are lovely views out to see from the Violeta - looking out towards the islands....

We were both made to feel so welcome - and were offered a shower even once we had checked out and were told there was no need to rush to get out in the morning - so we had a lovely relaxing stay.

All in all - highly recommended!

Room Tip: Our room was next to the terrace area and you could hear some chatting on an evening - if theres a group meal on maybe join in - or ask them to keep the noise down a little. We did and it was no bother at all.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy_Lea_10
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I where visiting Hvar for her 30th birthday (don't tell her I posted that). Upon arriving on the fast ferry from Split, the owner of Violeta volunteered to pick us up and give us a ride to the hotel. From that point on we could not have imagined a better experience. We arrived to our room to find a bottle of wine for my wife's birthday for us to enjoy on our large balcony over looking the Pakleni Islands.
On the night of my wife's birthday the owner surprised us with a home made dinner for all of the hotel guest. He served grilled fresh caught fish with vegetables and more wine then any of us should have had in one sitting. Our room included a private bathroom, large bed, couch, Sat TV, and a small refrigerator.

If you are looking for an unforgettable vacation in Hvar I can not recommend Violeta Hvar more!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple