All reviews spacious balcony great pizza place the bed was extremely comfortable private accommodation min walk into town perfect place to stay amazing hospitality blue cave longer stay pakleni islands would definitely stay here again an amazing view recommend staying here on arrival nice terrace rooms were very clean good size
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We, me and three friends, discovered this place by chance and what a discovery it was! Each of one got a private suite in a big room with a nice balcony with sea view . The price was good for what we had. The couple Ursa and Tonci make all they can for the welfare of their guests ,they want them having an unforgettable time at the Violeta's place and in Hvar . it's clear that they love what they do . They have borrowed us two bikes of them and we could do an incredible tour along the beaches. We absolutely recommend this place!!

Room tip: Ask for the sea view rooms!
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We had a great stay at the Violeta Hvar. Ursa and Tonci are very welcoming and will help in any way that they can - very hospitable. They cooked all the quests a meal one night - it was great to have some local cuisine. The location is great with easy access to both the town and beach. We stayed in Room 4 which was very clean and had amazing views from the balcony. Hvar itself was an amazing place we will definitely be back to both Hvar and the Violeta!

Room tip: Room 4 is one that has been recently updated. It was spacious and had great views as it is on the top floor.
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deanna M
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The location is excellent. You have a great view and you're in walking distance from the town and the beach. You have a big fridge, common kitchenette and a terrace, so you can prepare your own food. We liked staying there, the owners are nice. But maybe the interior is somewhat outdated. We stayed in the "older" room which was already very pricy (+- 70euro/night). The bathroom is basic, small shower, showercurtain sticking to your body-problem all the time. And the mattresses are not for someone who has a back problem.
One last thing is that they tell you that they will cook Dalmacian food for you in the evening, but we stayed for 5 nights and didn't get one dinner... Also, they only change towels after 3 days and sheets (no blanket, just one sheet) after 5 days). So although I liked it, I still thought that price-quality it wasn't entirely adequate.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spicey987
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Ursa and Tonci are excellent hosts and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. The rooms are clean and well-lit. Town and beach are close by, though you have to go down about 200 feet to get there. Note that the town has recently changed their address, so both locals and your GPS system, if you have one, are unlikely to be very helpful in getting you there. Try phoning Ursa on her cell phone and she will come to your rescue. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank John86
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I stayed here driven by Trip Advisor reviews and budget. The location is excellent, perfectly positioned between the town and the beach, although it is a steep hill climb back so you need to be reasonably fit to do that every day.

The booking scenario is a little difficult because you have to pay upfront incurring bank charges. This could be made smoother.

The apartment is fine, nothing spectacular, just basic, clean accomodation with a kitchen area and pleasant balcony. The bathroom is a bit old fashioned and I didnt always have hot water. 3 stars.

The owners were very helpful, picking me up from the port and dropping my bags back to the port when I left. The parents of the owners are very kind and helpful.

One thing I would say, is that after being picked up and given a few pointers I was pretty much left to my own devices and I did not really see the owners again until I left. They did mention big dinners etc...when I arrived but when I came back every night nothing seemed to be going on and I did not know how this worked. If you are happy just getting on with it, that is not a problem.

One other point to note is that the aparment only gets cleaned when you leave, not during your stay. I don't know if that is normal or not, but I assume it is.

Hvar is not cheap but this option worked well for me although I had been hoping for a more communal area in the evening with everyone eating and drinking together which didn't really happen when I was there. They have a great table there and it could have been much more social.Perhaps that was my misunderstanding but when I read other reviews of dinners being cooked by the owners I can only assume it was just bad luck that I missed this.

Overall a good place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo