Location perfect view outstanding if you had, like we had, a sea-view room with balcony.
For the first week of our two week all-inclusive stay we did not get the superior double room with sea view and balcony which we had upgraded to. Instead we had the smaller half of rooms with an adjoining door with a single wardrobe and had to leave half our clothes in the suitcase.The room was small and the large, very comfortable bed took up most of the room. Albeit that we had the sea view and balcony. We complained to the management and were told that as the hotel was full no alternative room meeting our booking specification was available. Our jet2 rep was unable to help. During the first week we continued asking for a room transfer and finally on the sixth day the management seemed to realise that it was the adjoining door that was causing the problem and moved us to a room that met our booking spec.
It was very hot whilst we were there which was good during the day but because the hotel had seen fit to turn off the air-conditioning two weeks before we got there it was stifling at night and we had to sleep with our balcony doors wide open.
This is a nice hotel that could do with a few improvements particularly in the dining room. Very much like a school canteen and very noisy. Bit of a free-for-all around the drinks dispenser in dining room and lounge. The lounge had the atmosphere of an airport departure lounge. There was not enough comfortable seating in the lounge area but the hotel was full. Very surprised that the all-inclusive drinks menu did not include whisky and had a very limited selection of other drinks.
Most of the entertainment was in french but was enjoyable nevertheless. Fortunately, though, we met some very lovely people which made our holiday very enjoyable.
As we said at the beginning beautiful location and very modern hotel but make sure you get a sea-view room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Remisens Hotel Epidaurus (3*) (the former Smart Selection Hotel Epidaurus All Inclusive) is located next to the beach in beautiful Tiha Cove and offers spectacular views of the crystal clear sea of the Dubrovnik Riviera. It lies just one kilometre from the medieval old town of Cavtat, which makes it an ideal choice for guests looking for peace and relaxation but who do not want to be too far from the attractions of a town. From 2017, the Remisens Hotel Epidaurus will be offering high-quality services and facilities guaranteed by the Remisens brand. The hotel's 312 rooms and bathrooms, lobby, reception area, restaurant and surroundings have been completely refurbished. The hotel offers different room types depending on the individual needs of each guest. All rooms are fully equipped to make sure guests feel comfortable and at home. There are spacious rooms particularly suitable for families with children. The hotel is the perfect choice for a peaceful, relaxing holiday where the entire family can enjoy the benefits of the beautiful natural surroundings of Tiha Cove. Our attentive staff will make sure that the quality of service is always impeccable and that you have an unforgettable holiday in Cavtat, Croatia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Remisens Hotel Epidaurus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Epidaurus Hotel Cavtat
- Iberostar Hotel Cavtat
- Iberostar Hotel Epidaurus