“best pizza in Cavtat”

Taverna Domizana
Ranked #18 of 46 Restaurants in Cavtat
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located in one of the area’s most pleasant settings Bay Zal in Cavtat with a amazing view of Dubrovnik.We are proud to serve the best and freshest authentic Croatian cuisine in Cavtat.Our menu is crafted with a prime selection of meat and fresh seafood with an emphasis on localproduce. We also offer great selection of pizzas and vegetarian dishes.Domižana is the only restaurant in Cavtat offering old original Dalmatian specialty fireplace bakeddishes and food cooked under the traditional iron bell. Choose from selection of Croatian red and white wines with an excellent selection of local wines.Restaurant capacity of 250 seats is ideal for large groups and organizations of various festivities.Enjoy live entertainment with traditional Dalmatian singing and dancing groups.We invite you to experience unforgettable moments in pleasant atmosphere of Restaurant Domižana .
Reviewed 17 July 2018

we went here on our last day for lunch as reviews didn't seem great however it was once of the best meals we ate in Cavtat. Best pizza we had in Croatia, quick service and amazing setting. Wish we'd gone earlier in our stay and wish we'd booked so we could try the speciality under the iron meats. Next year hopefully

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We went out of our way to visit this restaurant and it was not worth the effort. The setting is picturesque but you cannot see Dubrovnik (only with binoculars) - the garble in the menu says a beautiful view of Dubrovnik.
My husband had tuna pizza which was delicious- a tad salty but overall a tasty well made pizza.
The disappointment came with the prawn salad. The salad was ok. No thought or effort- chunks of green and red pepper, tomatoes, onion that were not even bothered to be mixed together. My issue is with the prawns. It said ‘marinated’ but they were just plain prawns. My first one was gritty so I checked them and they had not been cleaned. They still had the black grit in the spine so I had to pick each one out and clean it. The waiter took no interest in us and did not ask how my meal was so I did not raise it at the time like I usually would.
A delicious salad is easy to put together with a little bit of effort which when I’m paying, should not be coming from me!

2  Thank Lexidove
Reviewed 25 June 2018

It was the first restaurant we tried in Cavtat and the only one we returned into! We came back five times in six days because the food & service was great, it wasn't too crowded and expensive. Pizza was awesome and so were squids and the big fish dish for two.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Had lovely meal, service excellent, grilled squid, Greek salad & pizza, all good
Great sunset with views of Dubrovnik
So glad we choose here, would definitely return

1  Thank CaLe-O7
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Right by the water's edge. Hardly anyone here which was a shame as the foid eas fantastic. We haf the sliw cooked lamb and fillet of sea bass. Both were superb. I wpuldnt say the chrapest of places but the location mafe up for it. Dont let the lack of people in this restaurant put you off. Give it a try.