Book now, pay at stay
US$122
US$213
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbowling alleywellness centrezlatni rat beachoutdoor poolbig hotelsea viewblock dhalf boardkrka waterfallsfrench tourmain restauranteach eveningtennis courtsbuffet stylebreakfast and dinnerluxury hotelsalt water
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Very nice, good food, friendly staff, perfect for diving and windsurfing and equally good is the Spa and Welness facilities. Nice to spend a few days on the Island Brac but more than 4 days would be a bit boring unless your the type to lie by the pool all day!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BelgiumTravelBug
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This hotel is in a great location; as everyone else says it's 5-10 min to Zlatni Rat and 10-15 into Bol town. Bol is lovely. The sea is too nice to bother using the hotel pool in my opinion.

I arrived feeling tired after a long journey to the hotel (bus from Split airport, ferry across to Superar then taxi ride to Bol - it all adds and so bear that in mind). I was given a a lovely room in C block but the door wouldn't lock. The woman on reception said that she couldn't
change my room until the evening when the "chief" came on shift . I pointed out that this meant I would be stuck in my room for hours (I wanted to go out and start enjoying my holiday) and when I indicated that this wasn't acceptable, a spare room miraculously became available. I was then moved to B block, which hasn't been refurbished for a while and looks like something from the set of Poirot. However, my door locked and I couldn't face complaining to the hard faced receptionist again and/ or moving all of my things again. This particular receptionist had such a bad attitude; I avoided her for the rest of the stay (the others were very polite). Oh, just to add, it took 2 days for staff open the safe in my room (the second room - it wasn't really ready for occupancy). I actually wanted to leave the hotel early but I wouldn't have been given a refund.

As for food: well, it's fine if you can find a table (a struggle at breakfast time) and be prepared to join a long queue for hot drinks. On a positive note, the hotel is very clean and the chambermaid, Monika, was lovely.

I would love ot come back to Bol but I certainly wouldn't recommend the Elaphusa unless perhaps you're really into the sports and spa facilities and make the most of them. Based on my experienceof this and other hotels in Croatia and Europe, this is not up to the standards of a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid B block, which hasn't been refurbished recently and had a rather outdated art deco theme. The room, on the ground floor, overlooked the front entrance of the hotel with views of taxis and buses arriving - not that peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary75London
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The hotel is in an excellent location, 10 minute walk to the famous Zlatni Rat beach and 15 mins to the town. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel has extensive facilities such as gyms, spa and a nightclub.

I was really impressed with the quality of the hotel and good value. One recurring problem with island hotels I stayed in in Croatia is the occasional sewage smell in the bathrooms caused by the poor drainage on the island. It is not enough to spoil your stay but is something they really need to address if possible as it is not ideal!

Overall though I was impressed with this place and it's a great place to stay in Bol.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Trigtravels
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Spent lovely two weeks just resting and enjoying the diving, pool and local beaches. Had to travel along way for trips etc as on an island. Very friendly staff bars locally quiet at night but bol is buzzing every night. Couple of points to note transfer time for us was not 2 and ahalf hours more like 7hours at night so very tired next day. Food good staff lovely and friendly and always helpful. Snorkelling great. Beaches all pebbly so bring shoes to go in water and v little shade so hv to pay for umbrellas. Found lovely beach oN second to last day (isnt that always the way!) that suited us lots of shade, great snorkelling small but good foodie restaurant, had to get there early to bag a space Go othr side of to restaurant bar which is on small headland just other side is the beach b there by 10 am or all shade gone music constant from bar but real cheesy 89s music which put a smile on my face!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 21 August 2011

After a week spent in the hotel i must say we are glad to have choosen Le Meridian in Split.

Gently stuff, quality food ( remarkable the large offer for breakfast ) , infinity free activities and not overcrowded SPA. Very close to the beach, which is almost private, and a magnificent pool oriented to the sunset. Recommend the yoga and brething techniques lessons.

The clean room service forgot some times to put new towels and bring new glasses and we didnt expect to pay for the parking 10€/day.

A very good experience after all. We reach to destressed ourselves.

Recommended.