All reviews beautiful garden old town private balcony shower curtain driver taxi english outskirts heating
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and had enjoyed the big family room- spacious, clean & on 1st floor. Actually the King size bed is big enough to accommodate 3 adult Asian, but we added 1 single bed. The small heater in the room is not warm enough but the electric blankets are ok. Good breakfast and served hot tea when we returned sight-seeing. Takes about 15-20mins walk to Shu He Old town but a bit too cold to walk in winter. Stay here if you want to go to Shu He old town and day trips out of Lijiang ie. snowy mountain.....they can make car arrangement for you. This chalet is quite far away from Lijiang old town - about 30mins by car so if you want to stay late in Lijiang old town better stay there for 1 or 2 nights. Shu He old town is dead at night where else Lijiang old town is so alive with music, lights..........

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2012

As other reviews attest, Bruce and Bella make you feel very welcome and provide great advice and assistance in exploring a wonderful area of China. We (as an older couple) preferred Shu He Old Town and the chalet is close by but far enough way to provide a respite from the many tourists in the area. Breakfast is highly recommended with a chance to chat and eat some local produce. Bruce and Bella can sort out problems that you can encounter and make it their responsibility that you will enjoy your stay - we saw this first hand. My only recommendation would be heating in the rooms for the cold winter nights but not really a problem.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights during September and had a brilliant time. We were given a warm welcome from Bruce and Bella with free tea and biscuits, which were lovely after having been travelling for the past 8 hours. The guesthouse itself is beautiful, the rooms were spacious and very clean, and the garden was just an oasis. We often spent a few hours reading our books with a beer or two looking out at the little fish ponds, plants and meandering pathway. Shuhe village is much much quieter than Lijiang, and in my opinion is a nicer town to explore (though much smaller). It is only 5 minutes walk away from the guesthouse and definitely worth a few visits.

We also spent 2 days doing a hike along Tiger Leap Gorge, Bruce sorted the transport out for us there and it was probably the highlight of our trip to China. If you're fit enough to do some walking then go for it, you won't regret it.

Our only negative comment would be that the dogs in the village woke us up around 5am every morning which isn't the guesthouses fault but best be prepared and bring some earplugs :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2012

First need to thanks to Bruce, Bella and their team.

We enjoyed like home. Since my baby had a good friend of Pherlon (the dog), her Bella aunty and the Shompang (the driver). It's a really a nice relaxing guesthouse.

Specially Bruce is very helpful in regards of planning a trip and other matter. He save me some time of doing some money transaction for the cost of train ticket and topping money to SIM. He also helped us to drive us for the public bus and ensure his guesthouse driver with us for the total trip. We, especially my baby, liked the driver and he is really very trustful.

Common area is nice to gossip with other guest at breakfast time like a home. Enough arrangement for breakfast with a small money. Rooms are clean enough with yulong view. Even Bruce managed a small dinner while we came back at night. Everything we really enjoyed.

The only matter which we faced problem is bathroom mixer. It always changing to very hot or cold not fixed any mixed flow regularly. I'm sure it will be fixed soon as I saw Bruce is very caring for the guests.

I suggest to choose this guesthouse to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012

A very nice stay in LiJiang. I love the
environment, it gives me great relaxation.
Although it is not near any transport station,
but the staff can help hire the cab drivers
at a reasonable rate. Bruce and Bella the
owners are very friendly and very helpful
in every aspect. They give me good opinion and
help me out when I was in trouble.
Definitely will visit again when I go to LiJiang.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo