All reviews front desk indoor pool room was clean marriott hotel nice hotel summit mall the young lady exercise room staff was very friendly home away from home a wonderful stay nice area shopping and restaurants the entire staff bistro joyce elf
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

With the clothes on our backs we evacuated Florida. A family of 9 and 2 dogs. We drove for 12 hours not able to find lodging. By the grace of God we were welcomed here. Not only were we welcomed but our animals too. Every accommodation needed was given. They not only met our needs but our animals needs. They hugged , held our hands and wiped our tears. They washed our clothes and went out of their way to make sure we had coffee in hand and kids had chips , snacks and games. My hat goes off to the entire staff but the Manager Joyce run this hotel with respect and compassion. Your staff Kristy who worked non stop for days that bled into nights with no days off. Always made sure we had clean sheets and towels. But became a steadyfast friend. Taylor at the desk had fresh water bowls and greeted us with such light and love every morning. Elory worked just as hard moving couches into our rooms and helping with lowering beds so a handicap family member can get in it. Together they make your hotel shine. We Floridians appreciate the Southern hospitality and walked away well rested and a new place to call home.
Most of all your pet policy was lifted. We are forever in debt to you and will NEVER use another hotel chain. You earned our business. Thank you.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Seaside642422
Beth J, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for providing great feedback for our hotel and staff. During times like these it makes us remember why we are so proud to work for Marriott. The hotel management and staff worked many extra hours over the course of Hurricane Irma but the rewards were great.

Beth J

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Aug 2017, I stayed in one of the 20+ newly renovated rooms. It was very nice and quiet; the staff was very friendly and although off the main street and facing the woods/interstate there are a lot of choices for food with in one mile. I cannot speak to the rooms that have not been renovated, but the one I stayed in was great.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LoveToSki69
Reviewed 6 July 2017

This hotel was very nice and check-in was a breeze. Front desk was very friendly, and the hotel lobby was very clean. This was a very quick stay for me. I only stayed for one night, and I got plenty of sleep here. The hotel was easy to find, and also close to the several stores and restaurants.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I expected better for a Marriott, but this hotel is a bit dated and it shows in places, my sofa has a stain and needs better cleaning, the TV has very limited channels and they are analog channels, not digital, plus the picture is not set correctly, and the room is overpriced for what we get. Breakfast is additional. The bed is all right, but I would have appreciated better quality pillows. I stayed recently at a Marriott in Franklin, TN., and the quality there was so much better than this one. When I'm almost paying a $100 a night, I expect to be staying at a very nice place. This one is just so-so. I booked this hotel because I was expecting it to be better than it is. I have stayed at some hotels where I've paid $20-30 less a night, had a great room, got breakfast, and had great TV. I won't quite respect the Marriott brand as much after staying at this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank GingerGin
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The concerns that I expressed to Beth in reference to our first visit were taken care of. We had to come back to Birmingham for another medical appointment. Beth, Brenda, and Taylor were very professional and kind to all of us. The adjoining rooms were roomy, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was also good. Thank you all for a wonderful stay! We will definitely be staying at this hotel again when we are in town.

Date of stay: February 2017