“Quick & Easy Stay”

Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview
Ranked #19 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 6 July 2017

This hotel was very nice and check-in was a breeze. Front desk was very friendly, and the hotel lobby was very clean. This was a very quick stay for me. I only stayed for one night, and I got plenty of sleep here. The hotel was easy to find, and also close to the several stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I expected better for a Marriott, but this hotel is a bit dated and it shows in places, my sofa has a stain and needs better cleaning, the TV has very limited channels and they are analog channels, not digital, plus the picture is not set correctly, and the room is overpriced for what we get. Breakfast is additional. The bed is all right, but I would have appreciated better quality pillows. I stayed recently at a Marriott in Franklin, TN., and the quality there was so much better than this one. When I'm almost paying a $100 a night, I expect to be staying at a very nice place. This one is just so-so. I booked this hotel because I was expecting it to be better than it is. I have stayed at some hotels where I've paid $20-30 less a night, had a great room, got breakfast, and had great TV. I won't quite respect the Marriott brand as much after staying at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank GingerGin
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The concerns that I expressed to Beth in reference to our first visit were taken care of. We had to come back to Birmingham for another medical appointment. Beth, Brenda, and Taylor were very professional and kind to all of us. The adjoining rooms were roomy, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was also good. Thank you all for a wonderful stay! We will definitely be staying at this hotel again when we are in town.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Nothing special. They did have an indoor pool so if I had kids with me that would have been good. Did not like that they didn't have flavored creamer for the room. I guess that was to push you to order from the Starbucks located inside the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelingWithSeven
Beth J, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear TravelingWithSeven,

Thank you for providing feedback to our hotel. We have never had flavored creamers in our rooms but Marriott is always adjusting services and amenities offered to meet the needs of our guests. If you stay with the our hotel in the future we would be happy to provide flavor for in room coffee just ask a Guest Service Representative.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and the opportunity to serve.

Beth J

Reviewed 17 June 2017

The rooms were very comfortable; the location was very convenience to all venues for our Senior Games participation, but my most memorable experience was with the staff.
Chelsea who was on the front desk was so helpful and Christy who helped with our room service was always ready to assist our needs. THIS WAS A FRIENDLY PLACE TO SPEND A WEEK, I would stay again if the opportunity arose. A special thanks to Joyce as well...located good eating places for us!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Birmingham hotels
0.1 km away
0.6 km away
Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280
9.2 km away
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel

Been to Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview

Address: 4300 Colonnade Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35243-2399 (Formerly Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade)
Region: United States > Alabama > Birmingham
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#29 Business Hotel in Birmingham
Price Range: €82 - €130 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview 3*
The Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade hotel is proud to share our newly renovated state-of-the-art lobby and stylish new guest rooms. Located just 25 minutes from downtown and the airport, this Birmingham, AL hotel is close to the University of Alabama at Birmingham. The exciting new features at this Birmingham, AL hotel include inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax, free Internet access throughout, access to the latest news via our GoBoard and The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.® offering enhanced breakfast, dinner and beverage options. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Birmingham Colonnade Hotel Birmingham