All reviews front desk indoor pool room was clean marriott hotel nice hotel summit mall the young lady exercise room staff was very friendly home away from home a wonderful stay nice area shopping and restaurants the entire staff bistro joyce elf
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I love this location. This is my 3rd stay here. Terrific rooms, clean and quiet. Close to shopping, eateries and entertainment. The staff is always welcoming and I feel safe staying here. Don't short change yourself & if you like Marriott, become a member!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2017

For the cost compared to Hyatt Place or Drury this place really isn't worth it with the bed comfort lacking and the amenities also sparse. I wanted to get some coffee cream for my wife in the morning and all that was available is the dry stuff. We also didn't sleep well and found the bed uncomfortable. We will look elsewhere on our next visit to Birmingham.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RaginCajun79
Beth J, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear RaginCajun79,

Thank you for providing feedback for our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. Our hotel does have real creamer available in the Bistro that is available to you 24-7 along with Starbuck's coffee. The only access to powdered creamer would be through housekeeping for our in-room coffee. I know this does not help for your previous stay but if you visit Courtyards in the future, you don't have to use powdered creamer. Our mattresses are new and we have had a lot of positive feedback but I understand that everyone has preferences when it comes to firmness.

Best regards,
Beth J

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Stayed in room 208 the last sunday in March... WONT BE BACK! The room had a smell to it that we couldnt put our finger on until we pulled back the sheets the next moring on the bed next to the window only to discover a LARGE brown stain that appeared to be urine/blood mix perhaps!!!! GROSS! The room was tiny and the bed slept terrible! The water pressure in the shower was bad and the pool was not only TINY but had WAY to much chemicals in it! You could hardly breath when you walk in the pool area and the next day my sons and mothers skin was red, sore and peeling from it! We called to notify then manager and she could care less about ALL the problems we had on our stay! NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY! Please stay elsewhere, there are CLEANER places in the area. I will never stay in a hotel owned by Marriot due to the poor way this was handled and no one even cared about ehat the pool did to my childs skin!

Stayed: March 2017
Beth J, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear spideymom7,

Thank you for your feedback. Our pool chemicals are on an automated system monitored by our national provider. The hotel receives an alert if the chemicals are off.

The only record I have of your contact with the hotel was after departure when Expedia called the hotel to make us aware of your issues. The Assistant General Manager asked the Expedia associate to have you contact the property to complete an incident report and provide a resolve. This is our process and we would still love the opportunity to speak with you directly.

Please accept our sincere apology,

Beth J

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here l night . No problems . Another typical Marriott property, as expected. Entrance wasn't easily marked but we found the front door after driving all the way around. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I stayed at Courtyard Feb. 22 to Feb. 26, 2017. The staff here are very accommodating and friendly from the minute I was picked up at the airport I received, excellent customer sevice. The bed was very comfortable. The pool was very clean and the outside sitting area was really nice as a chance to relax and catch some winter rays.

Stayed: February 2017