“Day time fun with co-workers!”

Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark
Ranked #13 of 71 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic iron manufacturing facility
Reviewed 14 October 2018

So i had never heard of this place until my recent visit to Birmingham, AL. It was intriguing to find out that it was a based from a true story. To be totally honest i was pretty spooked so thats why i went by day and not by night. We did not get a tour just wondered around my party of 5. Great experience, pretty erie especially when you find out that it was a true story. I think it was definitely worth the visit. I think that the night tour would really freak me out.....

Date of experience: October 2018
"an interesting place"
"short video"

Reviewed 9 October 2018

In all, my years of TripAdvisor, this is my worst review. While I appreciate
the historical signifigance of the site. it was not well signed. No signs to tell
you which way to go, or to Exit for that matter. There was a point where
the unpaved trail ended. There were hanging sheets of hemp rope , and
sheets of black netting, you had to crawl under, and it was rather a maze,
trying to figure your way out. reminded me of a cheap 1970s haunted
house. Points of interest were not well marked. Could not figure a way
out, not a single Exit sign. I really wanted to enjoy this, but it's a wonder
no is injured here. Even if it is free, it's safer , and much simpler
to just drive by in the parking lot.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Sometimes they host music shows, attend even if genre isn't your style. If they have iron casting workshop Do It! Joe is a good guy. Lots of opportunity for schools to cast metal. It's a great experience.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We went to Sloss as a day out when we visited Alabama for my brothers 40th birthday and found it to a very interesting place. The sheer scale of some of the machines is mind boggling and to think people worked in it is amazing, I recommend it for a visit and make sure you take a camera as it's mechanical engineering beauty is staggering.

Date of experience: October 2017